Friday, March 28, 2014

Five on Friday

Wow! This week has been chaos, I guess the week before spring break always is. I'm glad to say that, as of 2:18pm today, spring break is finally here! I have been looking forward to blogging all week, as I didn't get the chance to type a post all week! I'm glad I got to share some of my favorite Blogs & Websites with you, I had typed that post over the weekend, and thought it would be a perfect post since I wouldn't be posting much this week.


5 things from this week

  1. Usher's Climax: My school's talent show was this week, and as VP of STUCO for my grade, I was at the talent show. It was so much fun! So many students came out, and it was so much fun! A junior sang Usher's Climax, and he was amazing! It was my first time hearing the song, and I fell in love with the boy's voice and the song. So naturally, when I came home, I listened to the song for 17 times. On repeat. It's such a good song, even though I'm 2 years late to this song! (For more on the talent show, read this post!)
  2. Traveling: I love traveling, and I dream about traveling every day. However, with spring break here, I will be green with envy as my friends post photos of their trips. My friend and the president of STUCO is going to England, I'm so excited for J! I know he will have a blast. He came to school today just so he could take his stat test, and then left for the airport, haha! I'm so excited to hear all about his stories and see the artsy Insta photos. My other friend JBS tweeted about how he just found out he was going to Paris for break. What?! I'm so jealous. JBS & his twin take the coolest Instagrams, so I'm excited to see the photos. I've dreamed about going to Europe for the longest time, so... to say I'm jealous is the understatement of the century. Oh and my bff H is going to NYC, and is going on the Gossip Girl tour. I wish I could go with her, so we could eat yogurt on the Met, meet our Chuck Basses by the Empire, and dress like Serena and Blair! One day... ;) I will be traveling somewhere too, (not as cool as England, Paris or NYC, but still pretty cool) but it will be a surprise! There will definitely be a post about it though, so be on the lookout for that.
  3. Crewcuts jewelry: My favorite little secret. J.Crew style jewelry for the price of Crewcuts. (If you didn't know, Crewcuts is the kids section of J.Crew) While I can't fit into the adorable Crewcuts clothes, I can wear their jewels! I got this necklace during an additional 40% off sale for $12! Everytime I wear it, I get millions of complements. Those who know it's J.Crew don't realize it's from Crewcuts, so they are all super impressed. ;) Hey, it can be our little secret now! I have only bought one necklace from Crewcuts which has a ribbon for the necklace part, so I'm not sure if the ones with a chain will fit around my neck nicely. I will have to find out! ;) Check out this one that I've been eyeing. 

    The necklace I got from Crewcuts. I love it! Image via J.Crew
    What I wore on Thursday.
    View this week's Outfits of the Week article for more details!
    I want this Crewcuts necklace! Image via J.Crew
  4. Drop Dead Diva: This show actually didn't make it to onto my Netflix recommendations, but it made my Honorable Mentions. (see more here!) However, this show added new episodes to Netflix recently, so my family & I got back into it. This show is so interesting. Gorgeous, shallow model Deb Dobkins becomes reincarnated into a smart, plus size lawyer named Jane Bingum. Deb must now use her brain and previous knowledge to help her with her job. This show is sooo good; the cases are interesting, and the characters are fresh and fun. Ah! Now I'm hooked onto it again, my parents already finished the latest season... I have 3 more episodes! 
    Image via Air Force Wife Life's blog
  5. Flipboard App: I love reading the news. I am currently taking a social studies class, (AP Human Geography) where we talk about current events and the news often. My teacher, Ms. B is the best! She's young, sarcastic, hilarious, and very straightforward. She believes that students should keep up with the news, and I couldn't agree more! Of course, I don't always have time to read the New York Times (one of my favorites, my favorite section is lifestyle) while eating breakfast in the morning. Wait, I don't even have time to eat breakfast in the morning! (more on that later...) I wish I could sit down, drink a cup of orange juice, coffee, milk, a smoothie, (I really like breakfast beverages!) and eat a big breakfast, while reading the newspaper... but I don't! However, whenever I'm sitting in a car or something, I may not always have my New York Times with me, but I always have my phone! The Flipboard app is great, because you can pick what topics you're interested in, and get articles related to those! I flip through each "magazine," a collection of articles from all over the world of news, and add the ones that seem interesting to my own "magazine," which is like your own Pinterest board for Flipboard. You can also subscribe to certain newspapers and magazines, if you have a preference. I love Flipboard, and totally recommend it for news on to go. Categories I'm subscribe to include "Traveling", "Home", "Graphic & Web Design", "Politics", "Photography". I'm also subscribed to "36 Hours | Europe" from the New York Times, (surprise? no) which gives you an itinerary for about 3 days in a particular city in Europe. The articles from "36 Hours | Europe" are my favorite to read on Flipboard. You can also connect your Twitter or Instagram, so Flipboard can get a feel for your interests, but I personally don't have them connected.
PS: The New York Times 36 Hours: 125 Weekends in Europe is a book, which would make a perfect coffee table book for my future apartment. Future birthday present? ;)

Sorry this "Five on Friday" post was posted on Saturday! I fell asleep because of the exhausting week, and didn't wake up until 11pm. I will try to post my "Five on Friday" on Friday next time. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment