Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Let's Go On an Adventure... Packing & Traveling Tips

I love traveling so much, but I hate packing. I hate unpacking too, unless I'm unpacking the new stuff I got. I'm going to Houston, Texas with my family over spring break, and I'm so excited! But I'm not excited to pack...

Here are my packing tips, and my favorite things to pack.

1.) Make a checklist of everything you need!

Clothes, always bring extra underwear & socks
    • Pajamas
    • Toiletries
    • Camera, battery and charger
    • Phone charger
    • Something to read in the plane / car
    • Necessities: hand sanitizer, chapstick, tissues, lotion, feminine products, (even if it's not your time of the month... you never know!) hair ties & headband, headphones, gum
    • Purse (I prefer a crossbody for traveling!)
    • Extra pair of shoes
  • Depending on where you're traveling...
    • Sunglasses
    • Beach towel(s), swimsuit(s)
    • Sunscreen
    • Cheap pair of flip flops (if you're needing something for the outdoor shower, or shoes to lie on the beach unprotected... you wouldn't want to get your Jacks stolen, or for when you're going down to the hotel's breakfast, and don't want to put on real shoes, or around the hotel room & shower)
    • Pillow (if needed)
2.) Check the weather before packing. When I went to Savannah, it was freezing in my city because of the Polar Vortex, but really warm in Savannah. You don't want to be dying of heat stroke in jeans, or freezing in shorts.

3.) Make sure to update the music/movies on your phone/laptop/iPad before traveling. There's nothing better than listening to some new music, or watching a new movie in the car, or on the plane. Treat yourself to the latest edition of your favorite magazine or newspaper for the trip. (I love The New Yorker, New York Times and Wall Street Journal!)

4.) Wear comfortable clothes during the ride there. You don't want to be uncomfortable when you're staying still for a long period of time.

5.) Bring your necessities on your carry on! There's nothing worse than needing chapstick, or gum on the plane ride and not having any. Also put a jacket or sweater in your carry on, in case you ever get cold.

6.) Stay hydrated during the ride, you don't want your first day there to be you lying in bed, complaining about your horrible headache.

What else do you think? Anything I forgot to include? What are your packing necessities? Have you ever forgotten to pack something?


What do I use?
The North Face Jester backpack, 
Vera Bradley Pleated Tote,
Vera Bradley Large Duffel,
Retired Print: Hello Dahlia! (Fall 2010) 
Inside: Nike Women's tempo track shorts 3.5" (similar pair here)
Image via my fashion Instagram account: follow me here


No comments:

Post a Comment