Saturday, October 11, 2014

Back At It

It's weird to be blogging after so long! Sorry guys. I'll be coming back slowly but surely. School has seriously been such a stress, and I actually got sick on Thursday, and I'm pretty sure one of the factors is just stress. I really need to get my grades up, but once I do, I'll be blogging- don't worry! Here's a quick recap of the past couple weeks (Edit: sorry not really quick, it's been a crazy few weeks!)

  • (9/27) I volunteered for APES with J, and we got out of mulching! Yay! Mulching was rough that day too, it was a hilly path. We got to garden and make a stepping stone... Yep, we were lucky. It was a lot of fun! I went to a Garba party at SS' house! I had a blast and tried my first samosa. I'm hooked. 
    I wanted to wear this skirt so badly for Twin Day with SS! She refused.
    I will find a way to wear this skirt to school sometime.
    It was SS' mom's skirt, and I loved it! So much fun to wear.
    Love SS' family, they're like a second family.
    (I'm on the left and SS is on the right!)
  • (9/28) Got up the next morning bright and early to decorate our class hallway for Spirit Week. It looked awesome if I do say so, myself. But in all seriousness, we rocked the hallway and it was the best hallway in the school. ;) 
    • The theme was contients and we were Australia. I didn't even get a good picture of the tree, so I'm really sad about that! It was by far the coolest part of the locker bay. It used the pole in the middle and we had 3D branches and vines hangin gwith leaves with everyone's names on them! It looked super cool. There was even a hole with an owl in it. We also had a safari wall with kangaroos, dingoes, koalas, and a safari car; and aboriginal dot art!


  • (9/29) Went to the quarterly work meeting, where we celebrated the museum's birthday! Complete with party games, cupcake decorating, a magician and Moe's, it was a great night. I love my job and my coworkers. (I sound like a broken record about my job. Sorry (not sorry!))
  • (9/30-10/3) Spirit Week! So much fun. Monday was Mismatched, Tuesday was Twin, Wednesday was Country, Thursday was Continents (For us, Australia) and Friday was School Spirit Day! 
    Mismatched Day with TD and SS!
    I'm wearing: Polo Ralph Lauren buttondown,
    Vestique shorts, REI leggings, J.Crew socks
    Country Day with J!
    He had the cutest cowboy hat on.
    I went country club (thinkin' outside the box?).
    I'm wearing: Ralph Lauren sweater, J.Crew shorts,
    Tory Burch sandals
  • (10/3) Homecoming tailgate and game! I wish I could post photos from homecoming because they are so cute, but we all got free t-shirts for participating in Spirit Week, and all the t-shirts have our school's name and mascot on them... It was a very fun night! SS, AV, TD, Kai-D and I had a blast! AV also had her crush, G, hang out with us! I knew him because he was a Beta Club member and I was an officer. He's seriously the nicest guy ever and least awkward guy ever. 
    • The highlight of the night was homecoming court! A couple with Down Syndrome won Homecoming King and Queen, and they were soo excited! I ran into the HC King after and tweeted a photo of him smiling after they announced HC King and Queen on the Student Council Twitter J and I run.
    • It was a really fun night with them! Kai-D and TD left early, and after the 3rd quarter (and losing very badly... Why do we decide to play the best team on HC night?!), AV, SS, G and I decided to go visit J at the ice cream and fudge shop he works at. I had never been yet, and I was planning on visiting J at work sometime soon. G loves the shop and SS was craving ice-cream, so we went and hung out. It all worked out perfectly, because I knew J had wanted to go to the game, but he had work. So I got to talk with J, which made my night. He's seriously my fav person ever! Per his recommendation, I got the salted caramel ice cream. It was reallllly good! Thanks J! 
    • We also ran into the Homecoming Queen with her sister, who came up with the idea of having the couple run for HC King/Queen, and they were talking about the King's photo on our Twitter, so I snapped a photo of the Queen! It was so cute. Her sister said "Work it, G!" The girl replied, "I'm always working my sh!t!" She is the sassiest and an awesome dancer! 
    • G left and SS, AV, and I sat outside after it closed and just talked. J was closing and we VSCO Cam'd our Instagrams and talked about what a great night it was. It was seriously one of the best nights in a while. So much love for my friends and my school!
  • (10/4) I went to Garba at the temple with A! I don't think I'd ever spent that much time getting ready... ever! It was so much fun getting to see her again. It's been too long! We danced for a little while, but it was pretty crowded. We spent most of our time talking because that's what girls do when they haven't seen each other in forever, right?! 
    • I also ran into a girl, MN, who recongized me through our mutual friend, JSC. I didn't know MN, and it was so funny! I texted JSC about it, and JSC told me that MN was dating a boy at my school. It turns out she was dating the Student Body Pres, who I know really well because of STUCO! (And he's in my 4th period!) Then the Student Body Pres came in, and I told him what had happened! 
    • MN and I bonded over our love for Tory Burch and our love for preppy things. (Sorry Student Body Pres! He had to listen to our Longchamp, Gossip Girl and riding boot talk!)
    • Student Body Pres is awesome! He's extremely likable, funny and so nice! J had Spanish 4 with Student Body Pres last year, and has Calc and Microsoft Word with him this year. I have Entrepreneurship with Student Body Pres this year. We also volunteered at the prom he planned last year. J told me that he's doing early admission to Duke... I know Student Body Pres will be a future blue devil! 
      Left to right: me and A!
      I wore her outfit from Diwali last year!

      (Left) My STUCO treasurer who I adore, RR and me!
  • Don't worry, my next week isn't that exciting. I got sick and had to leave early on Thursday.
    • I had lunch with J on Thursday and told him about my headache. J and I aren't in the same calc class, but since I left at the beginning of calc, I texted him that night (since we had a calc quiz the next day!) asking him if he could send me his calc notes.
    • Several minutes later, I get a phone call from him. I thought it was about Student Council, since we talk on the phone about 3 times a week about STUCO. No this tall angel called to explain the calc lesson to me. Seriously so blessed to have someone like him in my life. I was in no way expecting this! Love you so much J.
  • (10/10) After coming in late to ensure I was better, I took my calc quiz (rough, but it's whatever) and felt pretty good for the rest of the day. When in doubt, juice it out! (And by juice it out, I mean carrot and celery juice. Vegetable broth doesn't hurt either. And lots of sleep! And a hot hot hot shower!) But that night, Kai-D and SS called to see if I could hang. I was debating it because schoooool, but I'm so glad I went! They decided to carve pumpkins, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to carve a pumpkin yet. (We might be doing another round soon though!) But it was so much fun sitting on the back of Kai-D's porch, talking, carving pumpkins and contemplating why pumpkins have guts. 
What a long recap! Hope you've had some good weeks. This year is flying by! I'll be back with lots of posts soon! (I hope!) I just need to get through a couple more busy weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment