Sunday, October 26, 2014

Current Cravings: Zara

Yesterday, I went to the NC State Fair with my best friend in the whole world, MNR. MNR's French tutor's niece was staying with MNR, so she came along as well! It was so much fun, and it was really fun showing our Frenchie the State Fair, the perfect representation of North Carolina! (Sorry I'm getting into my last Five on..., just to clarify- I'm writing this post first) Anyways, MNR is not only the best person I know, she's one of the most fashionable.

I was really interested to learn about current French trends and culture from our Frenchie, and she was telling me that many brands similar to America are popular: Abercrombie, Hollister, Forever 21, Zara, Longchamp, this one French brand whose name I didn't recognize (MNR knew it and she said it's extremely expensive!), and Nike (which is pronounced Nik there, apparently the American pronunciation for Nike means a vulgar word for sex in French! Fun fact of the day).

Anyways I haven't thought about Zara for a while. I went shopping with my cousin in Texas last year and her favorite shop at the time was Zara. She called it the grown-up version of Forever 21, as it has a variety of styles and trends. We went inside and I fell in love. Unfortunately, there aren't any Zara shops close to me, so I don't usually get the chance to go in and shop. Since we discussed Zara yesterday, I went to their website today and bam, I'm in love today. Excited to go to Texas so I can go in the shop soon, but for now, I will happily oblige to shopping online. I've been craving some new clothing shops, especially since J.Crew slightly raised their prices and that's where 99% of my closet is from. I forgot it's normal to purchase clothes from more than one shop. ;)

Loose fit trousers with elastic waistband
How cute are these pants?! The print is too cute.

Printed shirt
A blouse with elephants?! I'm sold.

Striped blouse with bib
It's the details that matter. Enlarge the image to check out how cute it is! Things you might not see in a photo but in person make a huge difference.

Tie Waist Blouse
Simplicity at its peak.

Top with back tie
Business in the front, party in the back.

Dress with shoulder zip
Makes you take a second glance.

Dress with box pleats in the front
A little pleating never hurt.

Long sleeved cable knit dress
My two favorite things combined.

Dress with embroidered front
WHOA

3/4 Length Dress
Every little detail, to a T.

Dress with puffed sleeves
If I could only wear one dress for the rest of my life, this might be the winner.

Pleated dress
It reminds me of Audrey Hepburn, I don't know why, but that's enough for me to want it.


There are other Zara pieces I'm looking at, but I'll show those in a later post. (You'll understand why when you read it!) What do you think of Zara? I love all of the quirky, unique details that truly set these pieces apart from the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment