Friday, October 17, 2014

Five on Friday

All I really know is that I am sleep deprived, about to crash on all the sugar I had today, and currently obsessed with Scandal.

I'm very thankful though because I only had one calc test this week (which I still didn't do well on... whoops!), no APES test, but I had an APUSH test and timed essay.

Thankfully, to celebrate all of the APUSH craziness this week, (and to celebrate his weight loss of 18 pounds since the start of the school year), my APUSH teacher, Mr. H gave us cupcakes! I was also very proud of the fact that we had a hard calc problem to do in class today and I figured it out right before he showed the answer! Funny thing, I asked my friend if I was right before he checked it. She said I was, and when I showed it to him, he said no. I exclaimed, it turns out I wrote my answer (from the calculator) wrong on the paper! So silly.

On Wednesday, we had an hour lunch because of the PSAT. My friends and I made our way to Panera, although we left the parking lot late. We were still really rushed since Panera isn't the closest. I got the cheddar broccoli soup and an asiago cheese bagel- so good!

Next week, we have another hour lunch. (Our lunches are typically 42 minutes!) I'm tempted to go to Cook-Out on a much needed lunch date with MS. I'm not sure if we want to go to Cook-Out necessarily (I was considering it at first), but Cook-Out is 20 minutes away (one way there!). I'll talk with MS soon. MS is the sweetest guy; I miss having a class with him!

This weekend, I'm going to an Indian dance event: Diwali. My friend AS is performing the dance she choreographed! It's a big deal, and I'm really excited to be there for her big day!

And here it is... my Five on Friday!
  1. Scandal: Amena is actually April and I'm actually Leslie in real life, and other than our shared love of Parks & Recreation; we've been talking about TV shows and everything in between. Amena and I have a lot in common, from our love for journalism, politics, UNC-CH, Parks & Rec, and our hatred of calc. She kept recommending Scandal to me, and it did sound like the perfect show for me from my love for politics, drama and action. I started it and I seriously watched 5 episodes of Scandal in a row. Just now. I'm taking a break because it is so addicting, and I'm watching New Girl to recover from all the drama. Watching a show to recover from a different show? Typical. PS: Olivia Pope's fierceness is #LifeGoals. 
    Image via Glamour.com
  2. Pinterest: I don't know why but I've recently had a refound love for Pinterest. Pinterest seriously has made me consider a career in fashion. My cousin has a career in the fashion, and I'd love her job! How cool would it be to go to college at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City? I don't know how my parents would feel, but who knows...? I could still major in public relations like I was planning on it. Check out my Pinterest here
    via
  3. via
  4. Andy Grammer: Confession: I've been listening to Shake It Off Pandora Radio (It's just so catchy! I always catch myself dancing to it.) While some of the music is very cookie cutter (hey when it's midnight and I'm doing APUSH homework, cookie cutter is what I need! That and white girl rap music), there are a few gems on it: including Andy Grammer. The first Andy Grammer song I ever heard was "Gotta Keep Your Head Up" many years ago; I have loved him ever since. One of my current favorites is below:
  5. Old Friends: It's so nice to reunite with old friends, have all the memories flood back, and remember yourself back during that time. Getting to see MS and talk with him on Wednesday made me feel really nolgastic. We were in the same class last semester and all we did was talk (literally everyday! He's the best listener and we always have really deep, interesting conversations. The meaning of life and our purpose in society was questioned many times). We texted all summer, but with the chaos of school, unless people make the effort to talk to me, it's hard for me to text first (I'm usually the one who's texting old friends first, but school this year- AH!). MS is applying to his dream school and I'm so excited for him! He's nervous, but I have a good feeling he'll get in. I'm so excited for him and it's crazy to think that we were talking about all of this last year and now it's happening! Time flies. I'm ready for a long break, (even though my heart is set on DC for Thanksgiving break... My heart is always set on DC, especially during its prettiest time: Fall! Actually that's debatable with Spring because those Japanese cherry blossoms are hard to beat.) to hang out with friends at lunch dates and long drives around town.  Here are some photos from my last trip to DC last Thanksgiving break:
  6. Parents: Just because I'm really thankful for my parents' support and for dealing with all my rants, midnight snacking and singing. After thinking about MS going to college, I don't know what I'm going to do without my parents... I seek their advice on everything! Love them so much and so thankful to have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment