Friday, May 9, 2014

Five on Friday

AH! This week has been complete chaos. Actually, let's be real... all of May will. There has been lots of tears, (unfortunately not happy tears) but I'm glad this week is over. Can we just fast forward to next Friday? Next week includes a makeup pre-calc test, and my second (and last) AP exam. I'm really excited for Friday though!

Without further ado... my 5 on Friday!
  1. Positive people: I freak out. Easily. It's not a good trait, but it's definitely a trait I have. I'm so thankful to have those "look on the bright side" people who make my life so much better. I try hard to look on the bright side, but I can't always be positive. Stress is my worst enemy. I took my first AP exam today, and I was so thankful to have my sweet friend Noah tell me that it would all be okay. He was really chill before the exam, but he also is already accepted into college (which is the college I want to go to!)... soooo. He kept telling me that it would be okay. I'm so thankful for people like Noah in this world to calm down the crazies (aka me!). And so thankful for my sweet friends who pray for me after I scream at them that I hope they do! Oh and my partner in crime (aka student council) J who is always really positive and makes me realize the problem isn't that big a deal.
  2. Teachers: It's Teacher Appreciation Week! I'm so thankful for all the amazing teachers I've had. Special shout out to: Mr. Perks who hasn't even been my teacher yet but he's my mentor and I go to him all the time for advice, Mr. P who has taught me to follow my dreams, greed is good and to live my life, Ms. R who helped me every single time I needed help in chemistry (and that was a lot of times!), Ms. B who was my super fashionable, adorable Algebra 2 teacher who is the sweetest and I love love love, Ms. B2 who is my pre-calc teacher and always there to explain the concepts, Ms. Brown who is my crazy, sarcastic, hilarious AP HuGe teacher. They're just a few of my amazing teachers I've had/have. Student Council (me and J!) organized a #TeacherSelfie contest to celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week... it was a huge success! We got over 200 photos throughout the week of students and teachers being silly and getting super creative. J & I even got local companies to sponsor us with prizes. It was a ton of work, but soo worth it. We love student council and our teachers. Love it! This is becoming an annual tradition. :) 
    Me & Ms.  B!
    I'm so excited she'll be my student council advisor next year!
    My shirt is tucked in weird... sorry!
    Shirt: Ann Taylor, Shorts: J.Crew, Jack Rogers
  3. Quick texters: Hey. It's the little things. I'm always on my phone, whether it's updating the student council Twitter or reading my Skimm email of the day. I love when people respond quickly.
  4. New shoes: Shoes can change your perspective on life. Not really. Just kidding, really. Yeah, I ordered and got the Torys, so yeah I'm hype.
    Ah!!!
    Ms. Brown & I.
    I need to find my Essie!
  5. Puns and witty jokes. Because I'm lame. And I make math jokes. Oh, and there's nothing more attractive than a guy who is witty.
Hope everyone had a great week and has an even better next week! Sorry this Five on Friday was kind of boring? Was it? I don't really know...

No comments:

Post a Comment