Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Lulu for Lululemon


Okay. I will admit it. I have officially become Lulu for Lululemon. I tried to resist. I tried to fight the urge. The voice in the back of my head was telling me that $80 for a pair of cropped leggings was $60 too much (okay, that might be an exaggeration... I don't know. I don't even buy leggings! True life: I have one pair and they're dance wear leggings). 

So how did I get sucked into the Lulu life? My (practically) godmother and I went shopping with her son's girlfriend (so pretty much, my family friend), S. S is obsessed with Lulu. We went on a major shopping spree that day and went to 3 shopping centers. At the 2nd shopping center. there was a Lulu. We went inside, and while S didn't find anything, she convinced my godmother to buy her son (S' boyfriend) a pair of Lulu shorts. Only a casual $98. No big deal. 

As I walked around, I started to fall in love with the insane sports bras... Who knew working out could look SO good?!

via
Of course, I temporarily forgot that this is just a dream for me because...

a.) I don't work out in solely a sports bra. I always wear something on top, and not a cute workout tank... a big oversized t-shirt.

b.) My boobs won't be supported in this super adorable, but noted light support, sports bra.

c.) I'm not about to drop $48 on a sports bra that people won't even be able to see underneath my huge shirt. I won't even drop $48 on a nice shirt that people can see.

So the dream sounds kinda dead, right? Wrong!

We went to the third store and to the Lulu there too (because why not? Maybe some new deals... I guess. I don't know. Whatever, I'm not complaining. The store is super cute and gives me new found motivation to work out and drink kale smoothies all day.)

And then I saw it. S found them. HEADBANDS! ON SALE! Hey, I can wear headbands! To work! To school! Anywhere in the world! Not just to work out...

And in that moment, I forgot how headbands can sometimes give me a headache. I forgot that I really don't need a headband, much less for more than $5. I forgot that I own headbands.

I caved and got one. Must be that Lulu for Lulu magic they have going on in that store.

But really... it was only $7!

via (similar)

But wait! There's more...

Maybe it was the cute shopping bags, or the cute employee who was so sweet, or just the vibe of the store.

But I went back and bought another headband. And one for my friend too, just to spread that Lulu craziness. ;)

via

Do you have a similar store of being Lulu for Lulu? Or another store? Share your story! (Please tell me I'm not the only one!)

PS: I do wear these headbands pretty often. I prefer the purple one's fit (it's stretchier).

1 comment: