Saturday, January 10, 2015

Busy Busy Bee

Finals are on Monday and Tuesday, so I'm sorry for the lack of posts recently... but my stress / workload is at an all-time high. Of course, a girl needs to take an occasional break, and what better way to destress than by blogging? I will be posting much more after I get these finals over with! Please send good vibes my way as I prepare to take my finals!

This week, I found out lots of news... one thing that I'm really excited to share, but it's not 100% confirmed yet. But don't worry, once I've confirmed it's true, you'll be hearing about it!

I also heard that one of my favorite teachers is leaving at the end of this semester, Ms. Brown. She was my AP Human Geography teacher.

She came into my APUSH class to give my teacher some supplies. She asked if she could see me out in the hallway, and I replied excitedly, "Yes! You can!" Turns out she was actually asking my APUSH teacher... haha. Whoops! She told me the news about how she was leaving to go to another job at a different school, where she'd be helping kids graduate.

It's a very appropriate job for her, as she is hardcore- she doesn't take no bull. She's strong and the sassiest. I'm going to miss her so much, but I'm excited for her, as I know this job is great for her.

Her birthday is on Monday, and I got invited to her small birthday celebration in her classroom during lunch- in between my two finals. Of course, I couldn't say no though! I need to get a perfect birthday present... I'm not sure what to get her yet! On top of studying for finals... ah! She loves all designer things like Lilly, Kate Spade and Kendra Scott. And she's a Southern Belle- aka a huge fan of monograms. Monogrammed everything!

Last Saturday, I went with my parents to try Moonlight Pizza Company. My mom had heard of it before and we decided to check it out! It was really good. The atmosphere was really laid-back with great indie music playing. We got the calamari, The Proscuitto seasonal pie and a Cow Over The Moon stromboli.

The Proscuitto seasonal pie
A little salty, but really good!
I love having greens on my pizza.

The crust was to die for!

I was really excited because I rocked my last APES and calc tests, boosting my grades one last much-needed time before finals.

Yesterday, we went to the wetlands for our last Streamwatch in AP Environmental Science. It has been freezing cold the past few days in NC, and the wetlands had froze over! 

We had a blast ice-skating on the edges of the wetlands, and one risk-taker (and rather stupid, in my opinion) kid went to the middle of the pond, on thin ice, just to get a rock in the middle. Our teacher, C. Rush, showed us how cool is to throw chunks of ice onto the ice, and we all took our turns.

How pretty is this view?!
I'm going to miss it.

How cool is that?!

The result of us throwing lots and lots of ice onto the frozen pond.

AS, MJ and I.
MJ thought of the clever pun,
"We're on thin ice (just like my APES grade)"
I love love love my classes this semester. All us girls just became super close in APUSH, talking about the upcoming Sadie Hawkins dance and giggling like middle school girls about it. 

My APES class is my favorite group of people, with so many hilarious, witty people, it's always so much fun. We are literally an APES family. I'm going to miss them beyond words, and although I struggled in APES, I'm so glad I took it, to be with these amazing people. I've become close with so many amazing people.

Oh, my calc class is a blast. With so many friends, calc always has the best conversations, even ones relating to calc! I've become close with so many cool people who I've always known, but never really gotten close to.

And entrepreneurship has introduced me to so many seniors who always reassure me that everything will be okay. What would I do without them?! And I've met so many senior girls who love to hear all about my problems and are like the embarrassing parents I don't even have.

My first semester of junior year was definitely rough, with 3 AP classes... but I'm so glad I took the classes I did, so I could meet all the people in my classes!

I'm really excited for only 2 AP classes next semester, especially AP English. I've heard only amazing things about AP English and the teacher I have. I'm so excited to end up analyzing my own life from that class! A lot of the topics they talk about are topics I'm very passionate about, and I'm so excited to read The Great Gatsby and The Catcher In The Rye- my best friend's all-time favorite book! 

I'm also excited to take AP Government and Politics. I love love love politics, and I can't wait to respectfully debate my views. I don't know anyone in my class yet, so I'm excited to see what happens! I strive in keeping up with the news, so this is pretty much my dream class. I love learning about laws and what's going on in America and the world. I love seminars and hearing others' opinions, and to finally have a place to openly express my own opinions.

Oh, and some pics because TD, SS and I were twinning with black sweaters one day, which calls for a photo!

TD, me and SS
I love this scarf! Only $5 from Target!

AV and I!
I'm so excited to help her with her Sadies-posal.

More on Sadie Hawkins next week! ;) 

Please send me good vibes regarding finals (and Sadie's!). Have a great rest-of-your-weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment