Monday, January 19, 2015

Sadie Hawkins

So we're having a Sadie Hawkins dance at my school! At first I was a little nervous because it means I have to ask a boy! But it all turned out alright. I ended up asking J... Are y'all surprised? (Read about him in these posts: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7) Can you believe those are just the seven most recent posts with him? He's a big part of my life.

How I Asked: I was really nervous, even though I was pretty sure that he would say yes. (A girl has gotta drop a couple hints here and there!) I had talked to literally all of my friends about it and we planned the perfect ask. He works at Kilwin's, a fudge and ice cream shop. I have visited him at work before and we've talked about his job a lot. (He tried to get me to apply there once! Although I already have the best job ever!)

My friend thought of the best pun: I'd be Kilwinning if you went to Sadie's with me! (Get it? Kilwins + winning = Kilwinning!) I thought it was perfect! J and I are both fans of puns (because I'm the type to make puns in daily conversation... it's cool.) I liked it because it was creative and personal!

I wanted to get J his favorite thing from Kilwin's too! While I know his favorite ice cream flavors (salted caramel and Kilwins tracks), I wasn't going to get him ice cream because it would melt! (Even though with the NC weather around here, it might stay cold!)

I came up with the idea to tell him that I was getting a birthday gift for a friend with a huge sweet tooth and I found out that his favorite thing from Kilwins (besides the ice cream) are the salted caramels! (He's a fan of salted caramel... if you can't tell!)

Plans had gotten switched around, but it all worked out for the best! I ended up going to surprise J after work. I didn't want to ask him while he was working, because he was on payroll at the time and working. JSC came with me because she rocks and I needed the moral support.

I needed to buy him some salted caramels, so JSC and I went in to buy them and talk to J. I was nervous, even though I wasn't even going to ask him then. I was probably more awkward than usual, but JSC said it was fine. JSC met J for the first time and said he was very sweet and professional (since he was at work!).

Then JSC and I waited for J to get off work. We ended up driving around the shopping center and parking in the back lot where he'd be leaving from. (Not creepy at all... right? Just parking where all the employees park and waiting for J... Thank goodness he knows me well and still tolerates me haha!)

JSC and I talked while we waited for J to come out. I was nervous, but I always love talking to JSC and we needed to catch up. Then JSC saw people coming out the back door, and the employees were taking the garbage out. She exclaimed "This is so creepy of us, Sam! Duck!"

So we did what any normal girls waiting at 10:15pm for a boy to leave work would do... ducked in JSC's car!

After they went back into the store, we continued talking, then JSC, who had been keeping an eye on her rearview mirror, exclaimed "Sam! Go now! He's in his car! He's gonna leave!"

Hurried, I grabbed the poster and caramels, and ran out of JSC's car, then exclaimed for JSC to come with me. She told me to go!

I walked as quickly as I could to his car, to find J checking his texts in the car. I knocked on the window and he came out, then the car alarm went off. Whoops! Such a typical thing to happen to me, am I right?

I said, "J, I'd be Kilwinning if you went to Sadies with me!"

He said yes, and I was literally over the moon. I told him the whole story about what had happened, and we laughed about it. JSC took photos of us, and we were all ecstatic!

After we left, JSC told me that he tried to hug me after I asked and he said yes, but I was too excited that I didn't even notice. Whoops! Next time. ;)

You can tell by my smile how excited I was!
Sorry for the super long story, but I wanted to include every little detail. It was awkward, adorable and a lot of fun! I was delighted the rest of the night, as JSC and I talked, picked up ALD, and talked some more!

I posted this photo on Instagram and all my friends were so excited! There were so many sweet comments filled with excitement and "Finally!"s. Lots of heart eye emojis were included in the comments too.

So that's the story! The next step is very important... the dress. I don't want to spend too much money on a dress since prom is right around the corner, but I want it to be cute. I'm very picky on dresses, so it will be kind of hard! 

I have a more mature style, but for Sadies, I want something young and fun! Here are my favorite pick so far:

via
I love this dress from Nordstrom! My only issue is the low-cut back which my mom isn't a fan of.

This is the only dress that even contends it for me. My only issue is that it isn't available at my local Nordstrom, so I can't try it on before purchasing it.

Do you have any ideas for Sadies dress options? Let me know. I will keep looking and post more soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment