Friday, January 30, 2015

Five on Friday (And Recap ft. Capitol Hill!)

Happy Friday! Thank goodness it's Friday. It was my first full week of the new semester and I love the new semester so far. While I miss my friends from last semester, I love my new classes (English, government and business law?! Yes please!).

It was A's birthday on Wednesday! Happy birthday to the real life Chandler Bing! I'm so glad to have such a sarcastic, loving friend!


I'm also loving learning about government this semester. In both AP Gov and business law, we talk a lot about what goes on in Capitol Hill. I love the idea of working on Capitol Hill, and I'm starting House of Cards, as I type this. I literally (not figuratively) just started a minute ago and I'm already hooked. 

My favorite political-related things? Scandal (I love Olivia Pope! She is a badass), Parks & Rec (Leslie Knope is my spirit animal. I'm actually her!), and keeping up with the news through following the NY Times, Time, Wall Street Journal and the Associated Press on Twitter. 

I also met my long-lost twin, GM; we have 2 classes together and another class in common! We're both really into politics and both are thinking about futures in DC. He's obsessed with The West Wing, and I told him I'd start it soon and that he needed to start Scandal. It's so much fun talking and debating about political issues with someone who cares about them as much as I do! I love hearing other people's opinions about the topic.

He is really into mock trial and government. We are having a mock trial in business law (over Tangled! He's defending Mother Gothel, and I'm going for Rapunzel!), I'm so excited, because I know it's going to be amazing. I love being challenged and he's the perfect opponent. I can learn so much from him, which I love! 

I'm also loving AP English... I've already started analyzing my life like no other.

I also got J and I's Sadie's tickets today! I'm excited and he's excited too, so I'm glad! Check out the two dress options I ordered for Sadie's! I'm excited for the dresses to come in. (Hopefully sometime this weekend!) I will definitely be posting pictures!

I also switched to Team iPhone this week! I love how fast I can send texts to my iPhone friends (which is pretty much all of them!) and participating in GMs! While I miss having the weather widget, I think I prefer the iPhone- just because of quickly I can send messages to other iPhone users. I also like the bottom tab where I can quickly adjust the wifi, brightness, volume and so on. I haven't tried out Facetime yet, but I'm excited. Any suggestions on iPhone 5 cases? I love the Kate Spade cases, but my main priority is having a case that has the case part on the front as well. Sadly, I'm becoming addicted to my iPhone and group messages.

Here we go... My Five on Friday!
  1. Humans of New York's fundraiser: Have you been following this? I saw this post the day it was released and I was truly moved. Then HONY did a fundraiser to raise money for Vidal's school... and the normal people (like you and me!) donated over one million dollars! One million! How crazy / amazing / wonderful is that? It makes my heart warm. It gives me so much hope to know that teachers are making a difference in kids' lives. Especially kids like Vidal.
  2. Scarves: Why didn't I realize the genius behind scarves earlier?! They're cute, comfortable and so simple! It's the perfect addition to any outfit. 
  3. House of Cards: 4th episode in. Currently obsessed. Simple as that.
  4. Best friends: Don't know what I would do without them. I'm so blessed to have so many great friends.
  5. Hot water: Because I've had the worst cough all week and hot water is seriously such a lifesaver. #blessed
Hope y'all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment