Friday, December 5, 2014

Five on Friday

Another Friday in the books. I'm taking the SAT tomorrow for the first time, and I haven't gotten the chance to study yet. Whoops! Instead, I'm watching my new favorite show... Gilmore Girls!

On Thursday, I went to grab pizza for lunch with MS. It was fun. We talked about ways to ask people to Sadie's, prom, and politics... the usual. I'm going to miss MS next year when he's in college!

I also found out that we're having a Sadie's dance in February. As STUCO VP, I'll have to go, however I'm not crazy about the idea of a Sadie's. Actually I love the concept, but me having to ask a boy... Ah! That's scary. I don't deal with rejection well. Thankfully, J reassured me that it'd all be fine.

Today was a good day. For one, our lesson in calculus involved Krispy Kreme doughnuts. (Best doughnuts ever!) However, for the other calc classes, they used play-doh instead of doughnuts. We win.

After school today, J and I went to buy holiday decorations since we're decorating the trees by our school with ornaments!

There was so much going on with the first full week of school in a while... the perfect way was to unwind with a $3 Starbucks frappe with J after holiday decoration shopping.

His smile is my fav!
I convinced J to try a frappuccino. J doesn't drink coffee, he usually gets hot chocolate from Starbucks. We both got gingerbread frappes. It was my first time trying it, and it was good! I prefer the gingerbread latte, but hey I must be getting to be my 20 y/o self...

I thought that we'd just grab a drink, sit for a couple minutes, then leave, but we ended up talking for an hour! It was really fun. J's calc teacher (aka coolest lady ever aka Starbucks addict aka also SS' calc teacher) came into Starbucks while we were there. I didn't even know her, but I was listening to the conversation, and she started talking to me. She's so sweet!

After she left, I asked if she went to Duke, because that's what I thought I heard. J went on to tell me the story about how got accepted to Duke, but went to UNC. She went to UNC because her boyfriend at the time was going to go to UNC, and now they're married! I thought it was so cute. So did J. :) 

I know it's rare, but there's nothing I love more than the idea of high school sweethearts. The two STUCO advisers for prom last year also married their high school sweethearts. I think it's the cutest! I wouldn't mind only having one boyfriend who I ended up getting married to. Just saying.

Without further ado... my Five on Friday!

  1. Holiday Cheer: I forgot to mention! I found out that we're having a holiday spirit week for the first time this year. The themes include tacky sweater, reindeer, elf, snowman and Santa. I'm all about the holiday spirit, so I'm beyond excited! I was telling J how excited I was to finally have a reason to buy a Tacky Christmas sweater. Lots of photos will be posted during that week. I'm already planning ideas for it.
  2. Supportive Friends: I know I say this often, but I'm so thankful for my supportive friends. Sometimes little things, as simple as a tweet that I'm not sure whether it's meant to be funny or an insult, can get to me. I love having friends that I can rant to, and are always willing to back me up. Thanks y'all. #ProtectSKC was almost a trending hashtag this week.
  3. Gilmore Girls: This show is love. I have a huge huge huge crush on Jess. He's great! I literally texted MN at 1:30am on Wednesday confessing my love for Jess. 
    Image via Gilmore Girls Wiki
  4. Long talks: There's nothing better. I forgot how amazing it is to just sit and talk with people for hours. I love texting and phone calls, but there's something special about hanging out with each other in person.
  5. Helping others: Nothing broke my heart more than when my sweet friend texted me asking for help, through my Student Council position. We have a class Twitter, and we have a lot of followers. She asked for my help to use the Twitter to help spread the word about a special cause. Just because some people think something is "uncool" and they bash on it, they don't realize how hard some people have worked on it. It breaks my heart. I love being able to help others though.
Hope everyone has a great weekend and sleeps in! I will be up bright and early taking the SAT tomorrow. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment