Wednesday, December 31, 2014

I'm Here! I Promise! & Holiday Spirit Week

Sorry for the unnoticed absence of leave from Preppy in NC. But I'm back! (I promise!) I have loads to share with y'all, including my recap of Holiday Spirit Week, Christmas, my trip to Houston (surprise! If that makes up for my absence. Sorry. Lots to come about that), and of course my 2014 recap! That's a lot. I got back from my trip from Houston, Texas today, so there's loads of catching up (and loads of photos!) to do.


Holiday Spirit Week was so much fun! 

This was our school's first time having a holiday spirit week. Our school isn't exactly the best at school spirit, but the people that did participate enjoyed it. I had a blast thinking of costume ideas for each day.

Monday: Funny story, I've always wanted a Tacky Christmas sweater, but I'm not about to pay $30 for a cheap one at Target that I'm only going to wear once. In our Student Council Officers GM, RR and J were running all over town looking for Tacky Christmas sweaters. They couldn't find any anywhere! Even Target was sold out. (This is what we get for procrastinating!) 

I found this idea on Pinterest and I had showed them, so these are our somewhat-attempts at them. I created mine before school Monday morning because I had a ton of homework on Sunday night. 

J and I being our typical selves

STUCO Officers take on Ugly Sweater Day
With our homemade sweaters haha.
Shop my outfits! Green sweater (only $24!)jeansriding boots (now 20% off!), holiday decorations (home)

Elf Day was Tuesday. At first, I had no clue what to do other than an elf hat from the Dollar Store. I was talking with my friend KTL, and I brought up how cute the Christmas bow skirts were. And she thought it'd work for Elf Day. I knew this was my opportunity to try it out! I was so excited. I went the Dollar Store and purchased bows and thin garland. I safety pinned the garland on the top of my skirt and around the bottom of it. (I didn't go all the way around for the garland, just the front half, since I'd be sitting in a chair for the majority of the day). 

The only white skirt I had was from J.Crew, and I wasn't sure whether or not it'd be ruined if I safety pinned the bows. I didn't want to risk it, so I used gorilla tape. I couldn't figure out how to work the safety pins with the bows as well anyways. The tape was somewhat... successful. Aka not really. Aka only seven bows remained on my skirt at the end of the day. It was my fault for rushing out the door in the morning and not bringing extra bows and tape. 

It looked so good! I loved the garland.

As you can see, this is halfway through the day,
Bows have fallen off.
Elf Day was one of my favorite outfits of the week. Most people went to the Dollar Store and bought elf hats. (The local Dollar Store must've been very thankful for Holiday Spirit Week because the entire school bought elf hats, reindeer antlers, snowman headbands, and Holiday Spirit Week accessories there!)

Shop my outfits! Red blouse (old, Lauren Ralph Lauren), white skirt (only $18 with code STYLE2015!), leggings (unknown), flats (similar), elf hat (not shown, Dollar Tree)

I don't have any pictures of Reindeer Day, but it's okay, because that outfit was pretty weak. Just a brown shirt with reindeer antlers, thanks to the Dollar Store.

KTL and I were planning again for Snowman Day. All the photos we saw on Pinterest had the girls wearing tutus and it was so cute! I was very disappointed because I didn't have a tutu and there weren't any for sale near me. Why aren't tutus sold?! I'd wear one for every possible costume. 

Wednesday night, KTL texted me saying her neighbor who dances had an extra tutu. I was so excited! The tutu for me was Christmas colored- red and green. While it wasn't white, I knew this was my chance to wear a tutu to school! So much fun. The stares I had gotten from all my extreme costumes didn't phase me, I was hype. I also safety pinned giant black pom poms as my buttons onto my dad's oversized white buttondown.

So snowman-y! I love it.
Shop my outfits! Button-down, tutu (KTL's neighbor's!), leggings (unknown), flats (similar), snowman headband (not shown, Dollar Tree)

I don't know why, but I was just exhausted from the chaos of the entire week and didn't really have any motivation to do anything but study for my tests (tests on the last day of break... seriously?!). My outfit was kinda lame, and I just wore a Santa hat and red shirt. KD gave me the cutest infinty scarf (called a snood?) as a Christmas gift, it was green, so I knew it was perfect to match the Christmas theme!

I wasn't crazy about my outfit, but the Sophomore Pres really wanted to take pics with J and me, since we hadn't taken any all week. It was fun though!

Typical.

How cute is that infinity scarf?! Or snood, as the label read.
Shop my outfits! Shirt (old, Ann Taylor), scarf, jeansriding boots (now 20% off!), Santa hat (not shown, home)

And that's one week down. Much more to share... coming soon! Do you think I'll finish before 2015?! Stay tuned to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment