Thursday, July 23, 2015

The Best Way to Explore Downtown (or Chapel Hill or Charlotte or Durham)

Now that I work in a cool place (Downtown Raleigh), I'm obsessed with exploring the town. (Especially if I have time after work!)

Yesterday, I worked until 2pm, and I had a work meeting at 5:30. Not wanting to go home, I decided to take the time to do something I've been wanting to do for a while now... explore Downtown Raleigh!

With my phone charger, my favorite backpack (on sale here!), and phone ready to take lots of VSCO pics... I set off on an adventure! After getting lunch at a place I found on Stealz, and visiting the natural science museum, I was refreshed (food in my stomach and AC on my skin) and ready to conquer the world...




But I quickly stopped in my tracks. Where do I go? I didn't really know the area that well (only Fayetteville Street from all the DTR festivals I go to)... but I really wanted to go somewhere I hadn't been before.

Then I pulled out my handy dandy (notebook! JK...) app... Offline. I found this app through the recommendation of one of the blogs I follow. I found out that the local jewelry store Moon & Lola was only .14 miles away from where I was standing! The pictures and description sounded perfect. Ditching the coffee store I was going to visit (don't worry, I headed there later for: AC, a charger, and good coffee), I headed towards Moon & Lola with plans just to window shop.

I fell in love with Moon & Lola as soon as I walked in. The jewelry was pretty, dainty, and the store was absolutely gorgeous. I could live there, happily.

This gallery wall. I can't even. So cute!
Surprisingly (actually not really that surprising), I was so in love with the shop, I spent forever in there... and I ended up buying a bracelet (it was 60% off, okay?! Cons of getting a paycheck: feeling like you can buy the world. My motto of the day? Treat Yo' Self!).

Got this bracelet for only $16! So cute!
I also found the cutest map at the register at Moon & Lola... I had to follow the map to many more cute local shops!
Side note: I'm so bad at reading maps, it's embarrassing. Geography is not my thing... I got lost, even using this map (oh gosh, I know!). Thankfully Downtown Raleigh isn't that big (at least the area I explored wasn't that far apart), so I found my way (just took the long scenic route!).

After exploring Moon & Lola, I went into the shops nearby: Feelgoodz and Stitch. Feelgoodz is a sandal brand that has a beachy, relaxed vibe to it. Stitch is hand sewn goods made right in Raleigh, NC! I took the scenic route to find High Cotton, Nora & Nicky's and Deco Raleigh. 

I totally fell in love with Deco Raleigh as soon as I went inside. It was quirky and artsy, filled with local crafts, and lots of Raleigh items. Raleigh pride!

Deco Raleigh
After visiting all of the shops, my phone was coming close to its end (and myself, to be honest, I do not deal with heat well, and I had been walking all day!). I decided to give me and my phone a recharge as I stopped by one of my favorite coffee spots: Joule Coffee.

Accidentally added way too much cream while filming the cream mixing with the coffee...
Typical.
After reflecting on how much I had done that day (and totally wishing I had a FitBit to see how much I had walked that day!), I sipped my coffee, and made my way back to work!

I'm so glad I had my Offline app that led to my adventures around Downtown Raleigh!

I totally recommend using Offline to find out about cool restaurants, shops, and upcoming events in the area! I love checking off items, writing recommendations, and reading others'! 





(These were all my own opinions)

No comments:

Post a Comment