Saturday, August 30, 2014

Five on Friday/Saturday (+ What's To Come!)

Again, sorry for the lack of posts this week. Back at school and already back in the swing of things. It's been a long week (I don't think summer was longer than this week!), but really fun. I'm so excited to have some R&R time with this 3 day weekend and catch up on organization, blog posts, school and clubs. A 3 day weekend and a 3.5 day week next week? I can deal with it. Besides studying for the million tests and quizzes I have jammed next week, I am going to be blogging lots of drafts to post while I'm at school. I have lots of cool things to share with you including how to make your own personalized binder covers, my August Playlist, H's guest post on Indian fashion, tips on organization, tips on school, my ideal prom inspiration, and creative, healthy snacks and lunches. Get excited! PS: I started this post Friday night but couldn't think of what else to add! Here we go!

This weekend (as I said before) will include studying and catching up on sleep and homework, a brunch with my very best friends (MNR and AF) at a restaurant that I'll be trying for the first time, it's near MNR and she has the best taste in food. She's been all around the world (Japan, Paris, Italy, China, you name it, she's probably been there), so if she says a place has good food, you know it's good! I checked out the menu and everything sounds delicious! Stay tuned to hear all about it.

And here it is, my Five on Friday!
  1. Sleep: I miss sleep so much. This year has done wonders to my sleep schedule already. I'm testing my limits. I have learned the minimum amount of sleep I can get and still get somewhat energized is 6.5 hours of sleep... 6 hours of sleep turns me into a zombie. Here's to the weekend and hopefully getting much more sleep.
  2. APES: I'm so glad I didn't switch out of APES as I was debating about it all summer. Although the tests will be killer (and the main reason for my tears), the class is so interesting and I learn a lot. The labs are so much fun and interactive, and the textbook isn't that bad to read. (Regardless of the fact that I will need to know literally every fact in that book before test day!) I'm really loving the class itself though, the labs help me understand the concepts, and I have the coolest teacher on the planet. Mr. R is so kind, organized, chill and funny. Dream teacher.
  3. Prom Planning: This might be my new "Kids" Five on Friday post aka almost every week, as prom planning is starting. The first thing we're having our 80+ (CRAZY! And this is just in our grade?!) STUCO members do is come up with a prom theme they'd like to have for prom, then create a PowerPoint with decorations: wall, centerpieces, favors and more for that theme. As an officer, I created an example PowerPoint for the kids to base their ideas off of. I did a theme Mr. P (the old prom adviser) had told me about, and it was similar to a "Secret/Enchanted Garden" theme. The theme was very simple and elegant: flowers everywhere, fairy lights, candles- similar to the idea of a garden wedding. Here are some of my favorite photos for inspiration! Hopefully the rest of student council loves the idea as much as I do. I shared my passion for this idea with J, and some of my friends at lunch: SS, AV, TD and they loved it! I prefer it over the other themes suggested which I think could get cheesy quickly.
    via
    via
    1. via
    2. Binder Covers: I prefer file folders and notebooks, but some of my classes require a binder. I'm warming back up to the idea of binders, especially since my file folder got quite disorganized halfway through the semester. I love the idea of a notebook for notes (I was really late to this game! I was stapling all my math notes together by unit... not smart!) and a notebook specifically for math homework (genius! Thanks calc for enforcing this rule). My favorite thing about binders though is... making binder covers! Tutorial coming soon. Check out my APES binder! I love the pattern. I made some for EPP and SS and I love those too. (I think I like SS' one I made the best!) I'll show you all of them and how I like to make them. 
    3. Going Off-Campus for Lunch: Just leaving school when you're in school is such a cool experience. Driving around town with good friends, good food and good music? I'm a fan. (More about that in another post to come soon!)
    How was your week? Hope you're enjoying the long weekend!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment