Saturday, August 23, 2014

Goals: August 2014 - June 2015

I recently received a lovely email from my dear friend, H. Those who've been reading Traveling & Buttondowns know that H is currently in India. For the past 27 days, she's been without WiFi. She sent me an email with some of her goals for the upcoming school year, and I thought that was a genius idea, so I had to try it out.

via


Here are my goals! I'm really excited to be able to check some of them off as the year goes on!

Goals for August 2014 - June 2015 
  1. Make the best out of every situation
  2. Complete the 30-Day Happiness Challenge
  3. Pack healthier, more inventive lunches
  4. Work-out at least 3 times each school week
  5. Travel more
  6. Travel to a new place
  7. Save up and purchase a more expensive, quality item (maybe these or a DLSR camera?)
  8. Improve photography skills
  9. Get my license
  10. Find another organization to volunteer at (I'm now working at the organization I volunteered at for the past 3 years)
  11. Find time to work at my job
  12. Try out a new restaurant
  13. Try something new each month
  14. Stay organized
  15. Redecorate my room
  16. Continue blogging
  17. Try out new recipes
  18. Do my best in school, at all times
  19. Get rid of / help my procrastinating problem
  20. Take a cooking, photography or art class (or all 3!)
  21. Go 24 hours without social media (for text messages- only responding to emergencies, family, and school related topics)
  22. Read at least one book every month (and blog about it)
  23. Eat more fruits and veggies
  24. Attend more school events (ex: football games, plays, etc.)
  25. Make a new friend in each class
  26. Complement others more
  27. Spend more time worrying about myself and less time worrying about others (as in getting caught up in others' Twitter drama, gossiping, etc)
  28. Go a month without shopping (AH!)
  29. Craft more often... including gifts for friends (Inspiration here and here!)
  30. Go thrifting
  31. Have a "crafternoon" with a friend (Any takers?)
  32. Attend a fitness class
  33. Listen to new music
  34. Go to a concert
  35. Get enough sleep
More goals will be added when I think of them! I'm excited to share with you when I complete these goals.

PS: I found this via Carly at College Prepster today. I think it's a great slideshow to view for everyone and I'm only a few slides in. It emphasizes why you should write down your goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment