Sunday, June 7, 2015

"ConGRADulations!" All about grad parties

With graduation season comes graduation parties; a super exciting season full of gifts, food, Instagram shots and talking.

I got invited to four graduation parties this year, and luckily, J is invited to three of the same ones! This was the first time I'd ever been to a graduation party and I was kinda nervous (ok, I get nervous over everything). I'm glad I have J with me for three of them (and the last one is with the person I'm closest with, so it all works out!).

I did my research (asked other people) what gifts to get people and what outfits to wear. It ranged from gift cards to just tumbler cups filled with candy and nail polish, and dresses or just a cute top and shorts.

The first party we went to was yesterday, after graduation. We had been told that many people don't stay at grad parties for too long, as they grad party "hop," so we weren't planning on staying for more than 30 minutes.

We got to ADI's house, and it was brimming with ADI's family friends, family and friends. We found ADI in the backyard, and she introduced us to her mom, who was super sweet and inviting. We got drinks, talked to ADI's boyfriend for a bit, and the two of us just talked.

Soon, lots of familiar faces from the prom group showed up, KP came. We all talked, and it was fun mingling and getting to see everyone. J and I had a great time talking to everyone! One of my favorite guys, Mr. C, an English teacher who I've always loved talking to, showed up as well. I have never had him as a teacher, but we always love talking, so it was great to see him! It was a fun night of (badly) losing cornhole, talking with lots of friends, meeting new people, and just relaxing.

Me, ADI and J
(Wearing: Target dress, Kendra Scott Rayne necklace
Read about the necklace here!)

Me and Mr. C!
He's so sassy and fun

Today was KP's grad party. She kept telling J and I about all of the Moe's that she had gotten catered (1.5 trays of queso!! Talk about happiness). We got there, signed her yearbook (a genius idea to have at a grad party), got some food, talked, and got very tan under the very present sun. It was great to see lots of people we knew and meet new people and just talk to everyone. J's Spanish teacher (how he met ADI and KP) came, and everyone was super excited to see her! We stayed for a bit, mainly talking and eating (a lot). Lots of my friends made an appearance, so it was great to get to talk to them!

KP and me!
Wearing: Lilly Pulitzer dress
I have 2 more grad parties to go to: Student Body Pres and PP! I can't wait.

Here are great gift ideas for grad parties:


  • Picture frame with the two of you: they can take it to college with them
  • Mix tape: full of songs you all blasted out to throughout high school
  • Tumbler with the school they're going to: filled with candy and a bottle of nail polish
  • Kendra Scott Color Bar jewelry: Customize it with their fav colors or their future school colors! I was super surprised (in the best way possible) to find out that some of the Color Bar pieces are on sale, as you can customize it! I'm a huge fan of my Noelle necklace from KS Color Bar (now on sale for $64.97!) 
    KS Noelle necklace in green
  • When in doubt, gift card it out with a nice card

No comments:

Post a Comment