Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The Season of Netflix Binge Watching

Summer. Sunshine. Swimming. And... Netflix binge watching?! Of course! With no responsibilities with school, there's no better time to start/finish your favorite show (or ten shows you're currently juggling, if you're like me!).

I wrote a post on my fav Netflix shows forever ago, so many of my favorite shows have changed since then, but here are some oldies but goodies. It's funny how much my style has changed since last year!

Portlandia: I'm currently watching this fun, satirical, quirky show. It's full of skits in Portland, Oregon. I didn't really get it at first, but you learn to love it. On the other hand, it's definitely an acquired taste. People who are sarcastic, witty and (typically) liberal will love it. Carrie reminds me of my all time favorite person, my AP English teacher, Ms. N. If you like Saturday Night Live, you might like this show. I'm a huge fan and it makes me want to go check out Portland for real! ;)

via
The West Wing: My new all-time favorite show. I've talked about it before briefly here. After taking AP Government & Politics this semester, I think I might want to major in polysci! My parents are not thrilled... but I'm not sure yet. I really love politics and government. This show is so interesting and makes me really want to work in The West Wing! I love all of the characters. It's a very smart show with lots of wit. There's nothing better than a great political show (and young Rob Lowe! That man doesn't age!).

via

Parks & Recreation: If The West Wing isn't my favorite show, it'd be Parks & Recreation. Hands down. Similar to The Office (but better in my opinion), Parks & Rec is the most adorable, witty, wonderful show of a parks and rec department in Pawnee, Indiana. I am literally Leslie Knope. I would be content with being her for the rest of my life. I'd love to have her job (and am considering it!).
via
Scandal: I think J would shun me if I didn't include this show. While I used to be obsessed, the obsession has now passed onto J. Olivia Pope is such a BA and she's so fierce. After the first episode, you're like "I want to be Olivia Pope. I want to be Olivia Pope. Olivia Pope, I want to be." She is a gladiator in a white hat. The show really gets to you, as you learn more and more about the characters. Huck, 7:52... that's all I'm going to say. Another show set in DC, but more drama than politics.

via
House of Cards: Another political show (Do I love politics or what?!). This one is filled with drama, corruption, and the search for power. Definitely a guilty pleasure. Frank Underwood is an evil genius. The first five minutes is enough for you to be like "What?! Give me more..." The show is great and really puts you into the mind of a genius, an evil genius, but nonetheless a genius. I can't help but find myself cheering for Frank.
via
Arrested Development: Another quirky, hilarious show about quite a family. It is a little weird, and after the first episode, I was like "what even is this show?..." but I'm a huge fan. The characters are quirky and lovable.
via
My taste in shows has changed A LOT since my last post on Netflix shows... check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment