Sunday, November 23, 2014

17 Reasons

Happy Sunday! Today is a very special day. It's J's birthday.

So here's a very special post just dedicated to him...

Acting silly at the football game.
We can't really do serious.
After editing each other's NHS essays and applications,
We made it! Here's us at inductions.

17 Reasons Why I Love J:

  1. He's my #1 supporter. Whenever I'm worried about something, I can always go to him for encouragement. He's the best at pep talks.
  2. He's the voice of reason in my life. I'm known to be pretty stubborn. However, he helps me slow down and evaluate the pros and cons of my decisions. If I'm ever at a crossroads, I can just tell him the situation, and he'll talk about both sides, before offering me a final verdict on his take.
  3. He's always there for me. While this is similar to the last two, it just means through the good, the bad and the nonsense, he's there for me with open ears, a smile and kind words.
  4. He laughs at my lame jokes. I love making calc jokes and APES jokes. But hey, he actually thinks they're pretty funny.
  5. We think alike. We have the same worries, and while I might be a little bit more worrisome than him, he always gets where I'm coming from. We have a similar style of thinking and humor.
  6. He's kind. I don't know anyone who has something against J. Everyone knows J as a fantastic guy. He's likable, courteous and fun to be around.
  7. We could talk forever and not get bored. This was proven during our almost-nightly phone calls when they'd turn into 90-minute phone calls because we'd get off topic quickly.
  8. He always has something to say about every topic. I love learning every detail about him, especially when we talk about... well, anything. I love hearing about where he's from, Melbourne, Australia.
  9. He loves to listen to me talk about my passions. What other boy will start the conversation about shopping and J.Crew? He loves talking about how much I love Washington D.C.
  10. He shares the same interests as me. Well he is Student Council President... so we have that in common. ;) We have similar taste in TV shows (Sherlock, Arrow, White Collar, Psych and much more), places (he loves DC and traveling!) and even restaurants (Chipotle, Noodles & Co!).
  11. He remembers the little details. Whether it's a tiny detail I mentioned several months ago, he'll bring it up when we're talking about the same thing months later. Nothing makes me happier than to know that he's paying attention when I'm rambling.
  12. I look up to him. Whether it's his incredible work ethic to his awesome leadership skills, I'm always learning from him.
  13. My mom adores him.  This is lame, but my mom doesn't usually say much about my friends. However, when she met J, she fell in love with him. He's courteous, mature, responsible and just a great guy.
  14. He makes me laugh. Whether it's a casual joke thrown in there or a hilarious text where I'm actually laughing out loud, he knows exactly what to say.
  15. He's smart. Not just his 4.0 GPA, but he knows what to say and how to act. Not something I can say for all high school boys these days.
  16. He knows everything about me, and accepts me. I'm definitely the same weird self I always am when I'm with him. I don't mind saying everything on my mind, and you'll always catch me whispering to him.
  17. He's my best friend. Every time something happens, he's the one I tell it to. As little as that moment was, he loves hearing about it.


Even volunteering with him is fun

Country Day!
He was wearing a cowboy hat on top and I went country club.

Happy birthday J! I'm so thankful that you're my best friend. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment