Sunday, November 9, 2014

Super Long Recap (& 8 on Friday?!)

Week of October 20th: Full of highs and full of lows. As the quarter comes to an end, stress levels are at an all-time high. But we survived, right?! And we have a teacher workday on Wednesday. I'm more excited about the fact that I'll get to work on Wednesday. Quick recap of my week's highs:

Wednesday: We had another hour lunch since the sophomores were taking the PLAN test. MS and I took advantage of this and made our way to Lime. It was so much fun! I love hanging out with MS and I miss having a class together. (Literally all we did last year was talk!) We talked about everything from the concept of a Sadie's Hawkins to birth control for teenagers. Our conversations are always really interesting and I tell him everything. I love hearing his opinion and when we're together, I get a little a lot nostalgic for the old times. Last year, we talked about him applying to college and he just finished applying to colleges. Time flies. Nothing is better than good food and even better company. I'm excited for our next lunch date together.

Friday: After some rough tests, I was so excited to go to the State Fair with MNR and a French girl staying with her for the week. It was soooo much fun to show our Frenchie North Carolina through the State Fair. Unfortunately, my phone has been spazzing out recently, and the phone storage is damaged aka no photos on my phone. MNR has all the photos and will be sending them my way soon. It was so much fun, and we had deep fried Girl Scout cookies, freshly fried corn dogs, root beer from the cutest vendor run by an elderly couple...  we were so stuffed afterwards, we couldn't even get the fried mac & cheese, corn, fried candy bars, or anything else! We usually eat a lot more, but it was all good. We went on several rides, but not as many as past years, because we were showing our Frenchie NC. That was okay though, since MNR and I have gone every year and done most of the rides. It was a fun experience and it was always great seeing MNR and meeting her sweet Frenchie, who I learned all about French teen trends from.

Saturday: I had plans to go to the State Fair again with SS, Kai-D and AV, but the timing just didn't work out since I had work later that night. It was okay though because I was exhausted from spending 6 hours at the fair on Friday... typical. I napped then went to my job's Halloween celebration. It was sooo much fun. Confession: We had a bet before the event started on the number of Elsas that'd attend. They kept count, but I don't know the answer yet! One of my bosses guessed 261... haha! It was so much fun, and little kids in their Halloween costumes are the cutest! There was the cutest Buzz Lightyear who was playing with the "ghoul inside a balloon" we had. He gave me the balloon back and I said thank you and gave him a thumbs up. He started walking away but kept glancing at me, then gave me a thumbs up back. He was probably three years old and my heart melted. So cute! I got to see some of my favorite coworkers who I haven't seen since summer, which was really exciting!

Week of 10/27...

This week was pretty good. Especially with a teacher workday on Wednesday. I got to go to work

And here we go... my Five Three on Friday!

  1. Loon Lake: One of my favorite new bands who I found through Spotify. I love their song Thirtythree. I asked my friends if they've heard of them, and TD has! I showed them to MS the other night and he really liked them. There's nothing cooler than people who like the same music as you!
  2. Halloween costumes: There is nothing cuter! One of my coworkers was a dog and he was the absolute cutest. Another coworker was the Mad Hatter, and he's seriously my fav person ever. He is amazing with the kids, and the kids had so much fun interacting with him. Another coworker was a photo booth strip with photos of herself, and her actual face has one of the photos in the strip! There were sooo many Elsas and superheroes; a family was the Flintstones. One of my bosses was a spelling bee, a bee with letters all over her!
  3. Pumpkin flavored everything: I had my first PSL of the season, pumpkin bread, and pumpkin chocolate chip everything. It's one of my all-time favorite flavors.
Week of 10/3/14...
This week was full of meetings and an early release AND pep rally on Friday! The highlight of my week other than my school's football team making it to playoffs for the first time in 10 years! (Sadly, I couldn't go to the game, which I really regret...) 

...But I was pre-shopping for a huge charity sale at Belk. I got the Sam Edelman Penny boots I've been wanting for the longest time... for $90 through the sale. Frye boots were also crazy marked down. The Frye Melissa boots were marked down to $208! Jack Rogers were around $66. My favorite Wacoal bras were only $33 a piece (huge deal since they almost never go on major sale!). Clinique was 20% off. I didn't go too crazy... I got 3 Wacoal bras, $105 worth of Clinique (which became $85!), the Penny boots and a Vineyard Vines polo for only $12! It was fun, and I went shopping with my godmother, which is why I was hesitant to go crazy (out of fear my parents would kill me (haha)! Surprisingly, my parents were surprised I didn't buy more. I almost bought a pair of Lilly Callahan shorts for $26, but I have so many J.Crew chino shorts, I didn't think it was necessary.) I also fell in love with this Free People dress, but it was at a price I wasn't willing to bite at. But isn't it the cutest holiday dress?

Yesterday, I volunteered at Carolina Tiger Rescue with some of the kids in my AP Environmental Science class. Even if it meant being at school at 8am, so we could drive there, and tasks like trimming thorn-y hedges. However we were doing this, so they can eventually clear land to make room for two new habitats for two tigers they had to rescue. So we were saving two tigers! The best part was the tour at the end. We saw lots of different cats, big and small, and we learned a lot about them. I convinced J that he had to come volunteer with us, and he was very glad I convinced/forced/told him to. ;) Here are some of the many photos I took!







Me & J with the beautiful white tiger, Jellybean.
Sadly, it's a really sad story about how white tigers like Jellybean came to be,
Breeders will inbreed tigers with the white gene to have white tigers,
For every normal white tiger, there are three with some sort of disorder.
I also finished Season 3 of Scandal on Netflix. Sooo good; I'm ready for season 4 to come on! It was a good Saturday.

My Five on Friday Sunday for this week...
  1. Organization: I am an organizational freak. I taught J some of my ways and now he's hooked! ;) We were talking about them in AP Environmental Science, and it was so funny. When taking notes on pros/cons, benefits/consequences, etc... I use + and -s for the bullets. It turns out another girl at my table does that too, what can I say? #soulmates. We talked about color coordinating our closets, and much more. 
    • ex: Blogging  +Fun +Way to relieve stress -Time-consuming -Commitment
  2. Twenty One Pilots: TD loves this band so much, and when driving back to school from Carolina Tiger Rescue, JG played The Run and Go. The music is catchy, upbeat and I'm hooked. 
  3. Riding boots: I've wanted a pair since 5th grade, and now that I'm getting them any day.. I'm so excited! I think they're the prettiest pair of shoes ever. I have already officially decided, that if I still want them, I'll be getting the Frye Melissa boots next.
    via
  4. Chocolate dipped Cheetos: This might sound really gross, but when I was volunteering for chocolate summer camp last year, we tried it, and it was amazing! We had chocolate fondue last night, and I shared it with my family. Sooo good. Flamin' hot Cheetos dipped in chocolate are also really good. Try it. You'll see!
  5. No Rest for the Wicked: Another song because I am hooked on good music. 
Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment