Saturday, September 6, 2014

Five on Friday (+ Recap!)

What a busy week! The best things about long weekends (other than the fact that it's a long weekend) is a short week. It was a crazy jam-packed week full of tests. With two vocab quizzes, four tests, five meetings and work in 3.5 days, exhausted is an understatement. Thank goodness for long weekends and short weeks. Thankfully, with all the tests this week, hopefully next week will be better! I took my first APES, APUSH and calc test, and complete the second part of the calc test.

Sorry for the lack of blog posts this week, it's seriously been chaos. I'll be trying to post M/W/F during the week, but we'll see how that goes... I will be able to type more posts this weekend since I don't have as much homework (still a good bit though, but yay for no math homework. That's something to celebrate for and what's better than no math homework?!)

Some things that happened this week...
  • Sunday: I went to brunch with my sweet best friends who I haven't seen in over a year! They've been my best friends since elementary school and it was amazing to catch up with them. The conversations we have always leave me with so much joy and inspiration. We went to Mandolin, the cutest local restaurant for brunch. We shared an order of beignets. I got the Panzanella Salad, which is actually a Spanish dish. AF got the omelette of the day and MNR got the Pork Madame. The food was amazing, and the company was even better. I'm so thankful for such sweet friends. It was one of the best times I've ever had.
  • We lost AC on Monday. That was a rough day.
  • I fell in love with writing to-do lists on post-it notes. I do it every day for everything.
  • I started watching Arrested Development this week. (During the long weekend- not this crazy busy week!) I'm on episode 19 right now, and it's quirky and funny. This dysfunctional show is the perfect escape to my crazy life!
  • I learned the secret to the ultimate dry shampoo: baby powder. (And took advantage of this!)
  • The tables turned. From being an interviewee to an interviewer. My secrets to rocking your interview to come soon!
Without further ado... my five on Friday!

  1. Brunch: The perfect meal of the day. It takes up your entire day and it's so much fun. Relaxation, spending (literally!) 4 hours at the restaurant, delicious food, and cute waiters. And of course, great company. Can brunch be a weekly thing? Unfortunately I can't go out to $16 brunches every week. A girl can dream. 
  2. Entrepreneurship: While the class can be boring and taking notes is boring, the subject is so interesting. I love love love the business field and learning about entrepreneurs. I already have plans about the end of quarter project.
  3. Post-It notes: A lifesaver. Simple as that. More about my new found love for Post-It notes in a future post!
  4. We Belong Together: I watched this video and fell in love with the Mariah Carey song. 
  5. Stay With Me: I know it's been out for a while, but I just now fell in love with it. I listened to a lot of music while doing all my homework this week, so there's that. This song is so amazing though.  


Yay for short weeks! Hope everyone has an awesome weekend. Here's to more blog posts soon and fall coming soon! (It still feels like summer here!)

Disclaimer: I typed all of this post on Friday! I wanted to add my photo of the delicious salad, so that's why it's posted on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment