Saturday, September 20, 2014

Five on Friday

This week: Student Council #errything. From class t-shirts, prom voting, and nightly hour-long phone calls with J... it was so much fun! We need shirts saying WE <3 STUCO because it kind of consumes our life...

After a rough Monday because of some confusion with my GPA (always fun... it's seriously the quickest way for me to have a breakdown- yay!) and some drama relating to prom (seriously?! It's too early for this). I take things very personally, so Monday was a really rough night; but Tuesday got better. My GPA confusion got fixed and it was a mistake. Good thing I pointed it out!

The rest of the week flew by with some tests, meetings, the usual.

This morning we had a pep rally... at 5am. Crazy, I know!? We were on TV live that morning as we were on the local news' game of the week. The theme was America Out, which is always popular. Me and my crazy friends decided to go because we didn't have anything really important (school-wise) that day (aka no tests!) and it would be a fun experience. The pep rally was a little disappointing. They also distributed 125 free t-shirts at 4am, and it wasn't organized as well as it should've been. The people that woke up early were set on getting t-shirts, and they didn't give out tickets for shirts or anything, they just opened the gates at 4am. People were trampled and it was said that a girl broke her wrist. Lots of people cut the line as there were people who had camped out and lots that came right at 4. (We decided against going to get t-shirts, smart thinking on our part!)

We also had to fight for food tickets. In order to get food, you had to show that you had lots of school spirit. We all surrounded the principal showing we were wearing red, white and blue against all the other kids. I thankfully got a ticket because I was wearing red, white and blue and I'm friends with my principal. (Perks of being involved in school!)

Then there was Taco Bell and Chick-Fil-A. I didn't want Taco Bell (am I the only person who isn't crazy about it? I mean it's alright, but not my fav), so I waited for Chick-Fil-A, hoping that I would still get a biscuit with only 100 of them! I did and it was my accomplishment of the morning, for sure.

The pep rally itself wasn't that great. It was just us standing there cheering when they told us to, and occasionally chanting. If you weren't in the front, we were at one point, you couldn't see the cameraman, so it wasn't that hype. Lots of people just hung out behind the "camera crowd" (all the people in front of the camera). Even though it was early, I'm so glad we went because it was a fun experience.

I didn't go to the football game (which apparently was super hype, I wish I did!) First off, I slept until 8:30pm after school because being at school since 5am is exhausting! But also, I have a wedding to go to on Sunday, so my mom wanted me to get some homework done tonight... didn't happen. The next home game is homecoming, which I'm really excited about. It's been a lonnnnng week.

So without further ado, my five!


  1. This photo: Just because my cool science teacher tweeted it and it's actually the cutest photo in the world. New screensaver? It's actually my favorite thing in the world. Background: In APES, we do the coolest thing in the world. Our school has wetlands in the bank of it, so it's all forest with a stream and the wetlands itself, it's so pretty and I'll have to take some photos! The coolest thing is that there are lots of organisms in the wetlands! We catch lots of organisms like crayfish, tadpoles, bluegill, little trout and lots of cool creatures! It's so much fun to use our nets and observe the wetlands. (We have actual tasks, don't think we're just playing around in the stream, haha!) It's my favorite part of APES and how cute is this baby pig in RAINBOOTS?! Cuteness overload.
  2. Mind Games: This app is so much fun. I don't even remember how I was researching what brain-building apps to play, but I love them! I've always loved mind games, and I got addicted last night, I don't know why. (Acceptable alternative to doing homework?) Yay for apps that make you smarter!
  3. Family Feud app: This app is so addicting! My brother had it on his Kindle and I couldn't stop playing it. PSA I would rock at Family Feud.
  4. J.Crew socks: I wore these for the America Out and they're just so cute. I still can't believe I spent $9 on a pair of socks, but it's alright. 
  5. Pinterest: I've really been loving Pinterest recently. Post on some of my recent pins I'm loving to come soon! Follow me on Pinterest here! A quick preview of some of my favorite pins as of recently:
I'd drink coffee out of this every morning!
Can I call this home?
Love the combination of all the greenery and bricks.
I love jewelry with these gorgeous stones!
Honeymoon?
    The perfect balance of elegance and homey.


    Sounds like a dream.
Happy birthday shout-out to JSC! Her birthday is today aka Saturday (the day I finished typing this post and posted it). I'm always loving all the long car rides around town, late night conversations about everything from college to Tory Burch, and just being with her. We can always go from silly to serious like 0 to 100. Love you so much JSC!


No comments:

Post a Comment