Tuesday, September 23, 2014

New Season, New Beginnings

When I walked outside today, I could feel that it was Fall. It was chilly! (In the best way, I just wasn't prepared and was rocking shorts... whoops!) 

Fall is my favorite season. I love the Fall activities and the crisp air and leaves.

Here are some of the things I'm most excited for in Fall:

via
via

The State Fair: I might be totally biased, but North Carolina State Fair is like no other. Where else can you get a Krispy Kreme burger and deep fried EVERYTHING from deep fried butter, coca-cola, mac & cheese, and Girl Scout Cookies? I've always loved the State Fair. Ever since I was in 7th grade, I went with my best friend MNR one night. I look forward it to it every year. MNR is the youngest in her family, so she started going on rides at an early age. I'm not a risk taker, but she taught me how to love rides! I still don't go on every ride (she loves to try everything!), but I go on rides I would've never dreamed of going on a couple years ago. My favorite part is just walking around, people watching, and catching up. MNR and I talk about literally everything. I love how educated she is, and how much she knows about everything. It always make our conversations so interesting. Last year I think I went to the State Fair two or three times? I typically go two times a year; I love it so much! I'm so excited to go again this year.


via
Corn Mazes: First off, I'm a scaredy cat. I don't even watch scary movies. I love action / adventure / mystery movies that sometimes have lots of violence, but I've never been a fan of scary movies. In the past years, I've gone to a corn maze (not haunted, just your typical corn maze) with my Girl Scout troop and it's always fun because every time we're together, it's fun! However, this year we aren't planning on going to the corn maze. My friends and I were talking last year about how we wanted to go to a haunted corn maze. Hopefully this year will be the chance to go! I am really excited to go, since I've never been. Even though I might cry.

Halloween: I love Halloween! It's always such a fun holiday. This year, Halloween is on a Friday night and it's the same night as one of our home football games. Even better, it's the game against the school JSC and ALD go to! I'm not sure if people will be going to the game or to their own Halloween parties, but I'm up for either. Last year, I had a chemistry test the day after Halloween, so I couldn't go Kai-D's house to watch scary movies and pass out candy, but I'd love to get the chance to just do something low-key like that. (I already have a costume idea that I need 4 of my friends for... we'll see who's up!) If not, I can always go another route... I'm thinking about Audrey Hepburn from Breakfast at Tiffany's (my fav!). I'll have to keep looking on Pinterest for creative Halloween costumes.

I'm really excited because the museum that I work at, has a special night, for kids with special needs, to come to the museum and join its Halloween party, specifically for these kids, and I'm working that night! It's going to be so much fun. Also, is there anything cuter than kids' Halloween costumes? (No!) Well except...

The animal shelter I volunteer at has a Halloween event and they dress the dogs (the ones that liked to be dressed up) in costumes and have a parade with them! My heart melts every time.

Leaf Piles: I've always loved raking leaves and jumping into the piles. I'm still a little kid at heart.

What are you most excited about in Fall? I'm sure this list will get longer the longer I think. And am I the only one who loves the pumpkin spice latte? I tried it for the first time in 7th grade (before they were mainstream), and I just love it. Pumpkin flavored anything wins. I want to try the Salted Caramel drink too! J loves caramel, so I'll make him try it first, while I get my beloved PSL next time.

One of my current favorite (non-Fall related, sorry) songs to wrap up this post:

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment