Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Happiness.

What is happiness? I honestly think that happiness is being at peace with yourself. Despite all the crazy that the world throws at you, you know it will all be okay in the end.

After hearing a lecture about happiness in robotics club and a deep talk with my true friend H, I think I've found that. I've been really stressed these past weeks, and I think something as simple as a true, genuine conversation was enough for me to make some internal changes.

Here's how I found peace with myself...

  1. Do what you love.
  2. Be with who you love. (Friends, relationships, family, peers)
  3. Don't knock yourself down.
  4. Be optimistic.
  5. Put yourself first.
  6. Prioritize.
  7. Organize.
  8. Be healthy.
  9. Get enough sleep.
  10. Read.
  11. Educate yourself.
  12. Don't care what others think about you.
  13. Forgive others.
  14. Forgive yourself.
  15. Do what you think is the most important.
I'll elaborate on each of these bullets and my personal stories later on. I just wanted to share. I hope everyone is happy! And if you're not currently happy, I hope you find yourself happy soon.

I'll leave you with the wise words of our amazing speaker from robotics today: "You don't want to wake up one day and find that you're not smiling. Do what makes you happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment