Saturday, May 17, 2014

Recap

Sorry this weekend might be the BUSIEST weekend I've ever had. (Not a joke) I got home around 10pm last night, and that was the second time I'd been home that day. The other time was for less than 2 minutes (not a joke) to change out of leggings into jeans because my mom insisted.

Yesterday:
Immediately after school was prom set-up for 4 hours... talk about crazy! The poor student council advisors were so stressed, they were there since 8am setting up! We put together the prom favors (personalized cups that say Great Gatsby Prom on them filled with personalized gold M&Ms that say "Great Gatsby" and "Prom 2014," they are so cute!

After prom set-up, I changed in the prom venue's bathroom but my mom insisted that I change into jeans instead of leggings because it looked nicer. I stopped home, ate some strawberries in the car, changed, and hopped back into the car to get to... Mr. (my school's name). Mr. ________ is like a beauty pagent for the funniest seniors at our school. They're each supporting a different charity, and the winner's charity will recieve all the profits from the event! It is hilarious, and so much fun. There's a Q&A session with each of the boys, skits mocking the teachers, and the group dance section. Funniest 2 hours of my life. Those boys were practicing every lunch period for 4 weeks! Highlights include a skit mocking my BFF, Ms. B and a skit where our old principal came back and surprised us (and yes, I was one of the only people in on that surprise, got to love being on student council! I had to greet him from the side door and explain to him how it would work, it was great! Plus I got backstage access!), a Miley dance where there was a boy SWINGING FROM THE STAGE ON AN ACTUAL WRECKING BALL, a boy dressing up like Elsa from Frozen and doing Let It Go, a High School Musical "We're All In This Together" scene complete with Troy & Gabriella, and dancing to Gas Petal (done by my really cute and funny friend HP's brother- oh and the really cute and funny one is HP... but his brother is too!)

Gas Pedal!

I CAME IN LIKE A WRECKING BALL!

We're all in this together!


The show was amazing and so hilarious, and my friend HP's brother won! I was rooting for him, mainly because he's adorable and HP's brother. Oh and HP's brother might be the sweetest guy in the world. He's so modest and respectful. You can tell from his celebratory tweets. He's just thanking everyone and talking about what an amazing experience it was. Side note... HP's brother has his state meet for track this morning... talk about busy! He tweeted how this weekend might be his busiest. Seriously! He's probably even busier than me. Back to Mr. ____, I would love love love to host the show my senior year... :)

This Weekend:
Today I am planning on going to the pool with some friends for a little while to relax. I haven't seen them for a long time, and I'm so excited! I know there won't be a moment we won't be singing or talking. ;) Then I get to go volunteer at PROM! Ah! The theme is Great Gatsby and I'm sooo excited! What a perfect theme! It'll be my first time at prom, so I'm super excited. I can't wait to see everyone! I'll be doing coat check, the most important part of the prom volunteering- it gets super hectic during rush hours. (Around 9pm, and after prom king & queen are announced!) I'm so excited! I kind of wish I was doing tickets so I could see and talk to everyone, but I'll definitely get time to talk to all the guys in line during coat check! ;) I've seen the decorations, and everything looks amazing! I hope everyone loves it as much as I do!

What a perfect quote for Great Gatsby prom!





I love this.

How gorgeous is this?! Like a work of art.



All images via Pinterest.

I also have two projects I need to complete (and one of them is supposed to take five hours minimum... oh), watch a movie for a test (not even joking, I get to rewatch Inception and take notes on why it's magical realism!), and study for a test... yay!

Here's to an amazing weekend so far, and hopefully an even better one by tomorrow! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment