Saturday, August 16, 2014

Back to School: Essentials

From fashion to school supplies, here's all the items you need for a successful school year!

Backpack: I personally love The North Face backpacks. I have a Jester backpack (which yes, I did get on sale at REI a year ago for only $40). Even my mom (the ultimate saver) believes North Face backpacks are worth it. Why? The straps. The straps are so supportive on The North Face backpacks; they make carrying everything so much easier. It's better for your shoulders since the straps are much more supportive. Try putting a textbook in the backpack and compare it with another backpack. You'll realize the difference. All The North Face backpacks have these straps, so get whichever backpack suits you!

Women's Jester II

Agenda: What do all smart people have in common? They all have some form of an agenda. I strongly believe in having an agenda, especially if you're a busy bee, with clubs, sports and homework- it's the perfect way to keep track of everything. I live by my agenda and everything goes in it: from parties, birthdays, work, club meetings, club events, homework and deadlines- if I'm doing it, it goes in the agenda. There are lots of different agendas, so just find one that you love and has lots of space for you to write. The Lilly Pulitzer agendas are really pretty, the Kate Spade agendas are clean and organized, you can get a personalized May Designs agenda and Target has a variety of styles for a great price. In the past, I have used agendas from Anthropologie and Target. I think I might get a May Designs agenda this year!

May Books

Water Bottle: Staying hydrated is so important, especially in school! The benefits to drinking water are endless. Having a water bottle will ensure that you drink lots of water. I love to fill my bottles up with 1/2 ice and 1/2 water in the summer to ensure my bottle is always cold. To prevent sore throats (which are common for me as I'm always talking... loud), I bring hot water with me to school. For cold water, I use the Camelbak, because I love its simple bite & suck method. For hot water, you can use any tumbler. I currently have a Starbucks tumbler.
eddy™ .75L

Rain Jacket: There's nothing worse than sitting in a classroom, wet, sticky and gross, unable to pay attention because all you can think about is taking a shower. Bringing a rain jacket can save you all this trouble. I don't have a rain jacket, I have a mini umbrella- but I know I need to invest in a rain jacket for the school year. The North Face rain jackets have great reviews which is why I'm suggesting them!
Women's Resolve Jacket

Cute Shorts: Shorts that break dress code aren't cute at all. Remember that not only are you making an impression on your peers, but also your teachers. J.Crew chino shorts are my absolute favorite shorts of all time and I'm never going back. I have about 9 pairs of J.Crew chino shorts with the inseams ranging from 3" - 5". The majority of my shorts have a 3" inseam, since I have short legs and they fit very well. I recently bought a pair of Gap shorts that I also like a lot.

Tennis Shoes: You'll probably have to take gym sometime during high school, if not every year. I used to wear Nikes, but when I switched to Brooks, there is no going back. I love the support Brooks provides and they're the shoes that the fast cross country runners wear (well my friend JZ, at least), so you know Brooks are great. I included the Women's PureCadence 3 shoes here because I have the PureCadence 2s and I love them. Besides, you need tennis shoes to go work out and keep yourself happy! (Endorphins! Check out this post if you have no clue what I'm talking about.)
Women's PureCadence 3
Wristlet/Wallet: If you need your student ID, license, off-campus pass, or any card for school, why not keep it in a cute wristlet? It's perfect to bring to football games, out to lunch, or anywhere with friends. You can just keep it in your backpack. I have this Tory Burch one in navy, and I love it! It fits my phone (which I don't typically put in there, since I'm always on it), my license, my student ID (got to get those student discounts!), off-campus pass and cash. Other options include the popular Lilly crossbody phone case, this chic Kate Spade wristlet, and classic Tory Burch wristlets.
Robinson Smartphone Wristlet
Did I miss anything? Stay tuned for a my take on a Spend vs. Splurge post on clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment