Monday, August 4, 2014

New Month, New Me

There's nothing like the feeling after a work-out. However, there's nothing like the feeling during a work-out. Ugh. No me gusta. But the feeling after a work-out is enough to encourage me to continue working out.

During my latest trip to the mall, ALD wanted to stop by in Athleta. There was a lot of cute stuff and it convinced me that I needed to start working out (so I could have an excuse to buy cute work out clothes, of course!).

I've also been looking into juice cleanses and green smoothies. We have a juicer at my house and while we don't always take it out (it's a pain to clean), I love using it! I have a very low tolerance for greasy food and easily get sick when eating too much greasy food. I got sick in Canada after trying the infamous but very fattening poutine (fries, gravy and cheese... still makes me shudder to this day! It tasted good but my stomach after felt horrible. Never again!) I have considered becoming a vegetarian, I'm not huge on meat, (I prefer carbs- bring on the pasta!) but I do love chicken and seafood (seafood is the best!). I might consider being a pescatarian.

My friend SS is a vegetarian. That's just the way she grew up and it was a choice she made when she was younger. She's considering about trying meat, but she's nervous about the taste. It's funny to me, because I would feel the same way if I were her! She was like "You have to chew it?! What is its texture?!" SS' brother went to college last year and he started eating meat in college, since the food options and variety for vegetarians are more limited. He loves meat now and he can't get enough of it. So if I were to switch to a pescatarian, I might need to change my route for college...

I don't think I need to declare myself as anything, but just try to stick with more veggies when possible!

I would love to try a juice cleanse though! I'm not sure if my mom would love it, but maybe a week in the summer. (Not the smartest idea during school when you really need that energy) Or maybe after Christmas and New Year's after all that greasy, delicious food.

I don't even need to do a cleanse, just drinking more juices (juices as in green juices!) would be great. It'd be perfect for me to have a juice every morning for breakfast (I have to force food down my mouth at 6:30am, and I usually don't eat!) during school. It'd be a great way to ensure I get my veggies intake!

I loved this post from The Coveteur with their Vegetarian and Vegan Guide to NYC. Almost everyone recommended Juice Press. If I lived in NYC, I'd totally have a Juice Press addiction! (And a Sweetgreen addiction. Fav kind-of fast food place ever! [a Chipotle set up for salads] Sorry Cook-Out.) Side note: Can I please live in the city?! Juice Press, Sweetgreen and walking everywhere. My Lululemon collection would increase drastically and my weight would decrease drastically.

simple green juice

district cobb salad

Since I'm not willing to buy juices online, I would love to look up and find my own juicing recipes with similar ingredients to Juice Press' juices! I have a smoothie addiction, so I'd love to find some recipes to some yummy green smoothies for a tasty breakfast and afternoon snack! Anyone have any suggestions?

After JSC asked me if I could be her personal shopper/outfit approver tonight (AHH! I was so honored. Love JSC!), I was telling her all about my Lululemon obsession. JSC's parents are super fit and into crossfit- super hardcore working out. JSC's parents are super cool and shop at Lulu and Athleta, so that's how that all relates. Anyways... JSC was telling me how she'd go work out with me if I got into working out. I would love to work out this school year. Working out has so many benefits besides the obvious losing weight, gaining muscle benefit. Working out reduces stress and anxiety (one of my biggest problems when it comes to school), makes your skin healthier and raising endorphins aka makes you happier. (Aka what I learned from Legally Blonde!)

I got really excited that JSC said she'd work out with me. I worked out once with a friend and it was so much fun! The time flew by and even though we got Chick-Fil-A after... well me and JSC won't do that. I was telling  JSC excitedly about how we could get juices and green smoothies afterwards, go power walking in the mall and buy cute new workout gear!

Here's to a new month and new me! While it's still summer, I'll be doing my research, so I can go into school healthy and ready to face the school year!

What do you like to do to workout? I love the elliptical at the gym. I would love to go to some group classes at my gym- any thoughts? It's hard to find workout classes for just teens, but I don't mind being the youngest in the group, especially if I'm with a friend! Any suggestions on what classes to take? I personally would love to do zumba (we do kids zumba at my summer camp, so much fun!), yoga, classic work out classes, and maybe something crazy like kickboxing? Who knows what this year will result in? (Hopefully not me watching Netflix in my spare time and a wasted gym membership!) Any suggestions and tips for working out and eating healthy- please send them my way! I need them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment