Friday, August 15, 2014

Five on Friday

First up: a quick recap of my week... check out Pint-Sized Recap for a couple of the things I did this week...

You heard about most of my week in Pint-Sized Recap, but yesterday (Thursday) was SS' birthday party. She went all out, and it was so much fun! We took a limo (with the sweetest limo driver, Teddy!) to the Cheesecake Factory and had a blast. Post on SS' party with lots of photos to come soon. I had such a blast with my sweet friends. I'm still stuffed on cheesecake (as I type this at 1:09am on Friday). This was my first time (excluding the Sweet 'N Sassy limo and when I was a baby) that I was in a real limo... so much fun! We drank sparkling apple cider and blasted rap music on the way there, and on the way back, we discovered how to turn the lights off and change the colors of the "stars" on the ceiling. We took so many photos and I got defensive that no one else liked Craig's Crazy Carrot Cake cheesecake... so good! The s'mores cheesecake was really good though...

Dinner included an awesome waitress also named Samantha, weird orange chicken, disgusting free macaroons from Anthro (I know, gross free macaroons- is that a thing?!), fried mac & cheese bites (YUM!), texting TD's friends and them fighting over having me as prom date... as one of the girls, Kai-D (I think it was Kai-D who said this), "Sam's the center of the attention and she's loving every second of it," no truer words have been spoken. Kai-D later in an Instagram comment spree replied to me saying #NoChill... again, no truer words have been spoken.

Today is SS' actual birthday! Happy birthday SS! I love you so much, and I don't think I've ever became so close to a person so quickly. We just click. She's the McSteamy to my McDreamy, and she's the Nathan to my Lucas (Scott, of course!). I know she's reading this right now, so thanks for reading my blog and stalking me on the daily, SS. ;) You're the best! I'm so glad to have a friend like you. (And I'm actually obsessed with the photo of me, SS and TD! It's my current wallpaper on my phone; best photo in the world. It's funny because I didn't love it at first, but now I love it!)

I also didn't do any summer assignment homework this week... got a lot of catching up to do this coming week. Oh well! I overheard my parents discussing a possible day-trip to the beach this weekend, fingers crossed!

I'm also planning on getting my hair cut later today (it's 1:21am right now!), but after falling in love with last night's photos, I'm not sure... Well the appointment is already made. I'm really excited to be able to donate my hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths for the 3rd time! (Update at 11:14pm: fell asleep and didn't get my hair cut today... it's okay because right before I plan on getting it cut, I start growing attached to it... I wanted it gone a few days ago... typical!)

I'm also excited to pick up my order from Vestique! Haul to come soon with my Vestique purchase, my LaRoque dress, and Clinique products. (I don't usually buy this much, I promise... I probably won't be buying much for a while, hopefully! I am running low on cute tops though, any suggestions on where to buy cute season-transitional tops?!)

My Five on Friday...
  1. Kids: Pretty sure this has been one of my "fives" many times before. I'm just in awe of how amazing kids are. Some of the things they say are wise beyond my years and other things they are say are just the cutest things. I was working today, and one of the older boys (about 8 years old) was playing in the hockey rink. The goalie was a little boy who was around 5 years old. The goalie didn't have a hockey stick, and was sitting down catching the pucks as they came into the net. I offered the goalie a stick, but he didn't want it. I also casually suggested/asked if he wanted to stand up in the goal, so it'd be safer. There were only three kids in the rink, not including the goalie, so I wasn't going to force him to stand because it was pretty safe. The older boy walked toward the exit of the hockey rink; I asked him if he wanted to get out. He told me that he left because he knew he wouldn't be able to control himself, and he would hit the puck with a lot of force, which might hurt the goalie, since he wasn't an expert at hockey. I wasn't even his mom, but words can't describe how proud/awed/amazed I was at this 8 year old kid for understanding self-control, even though he wanted to play. Way wise beyond his years, that one. Why aren't the people at my age like that? That's all I'm saying.
  2. SS: It's SS' birthday and I just wanted to say how much I love her. She's the one I'm always talking to about everything and anything. Our taste in TV shows is pretty much spot-on: Gossip Girl, Grey's Anatomy and now One Tree Hill, so we're always watching the same shows and talking about them. We take more photos than those clingy couples do, and our photos together always turn out perfect... just saying. We just click and always make fun of each other. SS is the McSteamy to my McDreamy. Love you SS! 
    Love you SS!
    Her dress: Charlotte Russe | My dress: J.Crew
  3. Cameras: After seeing J's GoPro Insta at Yellowstone and SS' family taking photos of us using their DSLR (I'll ask SS what camera they have, the photo above was taken on the DSLR! Such nice photos!) I still need to find a pair of riding boots (shudders at the thought of wearing Uggs another season), but I might postpone my want for Tory Burch flats for a DSLR. I think I'd rather have a DSLR than a GoPro, since I don't travel and do that many cool things. I want to persue photography this year as well. H and some of my family friends including WL and LY both have DSLRs and they rock them! WL's family and I are really close (Side note: WL's parents are like my unofficial godparents. I actually stayed with them when my mom went into labor with my brothers. I remember eating Apple Jacks for breakfast and drinking milk out of the bowl with a built-in straw (perfect bowl for cereal!) at their house when my mom called. I named my younger brother Christopher after Christopher Robin from Winnie the Pooh, even though my mom wanted Nicholas. Well, his name is Christopher now, just saying. My mom tells this story to Chris, and Chris wishes his name was Nicholas... sorry Chris, if only there was a Winnie the Pooh character named Nicholas!)
  4. Childish Gambino: SS' favorite. I started listening to Childish Gambino because of her, and I've got to admit- I really like it! I really like Heartbeat! 
  5. Clinique: I can't live without my 3-Step Clinique. I also adore all the products in the complementary make-up bags. The products truly work, and I couldn't be happier. 

Hope everyone had a great week! Here's to a fun weekend and possibly an impromptu day trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment