Saturday, July 12, 2014

(Belated) Five on Friday (Late again... I know, I know)

Sorry for another belated Five on Friday. It's been a crazy-fun-chaotic week, to say the least.

Our family friend's cousins visited our family friends. We haven't seen them in at least 4 years. It's crazy how time flies and fast people grow. We had a great time doing all sorts of fun stuff with them: jumping on trampolines, ice-skating and going out for Pelican's. I worked this week and got a chance to be with my favorite age group- 5-6 year olds. It was an awesome week! It was also my mom's birthday and I attended my first 'real' robotics meeting, talk about a busy busy week! I'm sad it's over.


  1. 5-6 year olds: I've been volunteering at the kids museum since 2010. (It's crazy, I know right?!) I remember volunteering at a teacher workday camp and talking to a girl who worked there. She told me that 5-6s were her favorite age group because they could understand you and were still cuddly and adorable. Needless to say, when I had my first week of summer camp, I listened to her advice and asked for 5-6 year olds. Best decision ever! I fell in love with the age group. They could understand you and listen to you (most of the time!), but they still loved to hold your hand and sit in your lap during carpool, movies and morning meetings. Unfortunately, this was my only week of 5-6s, but I had a great group of kids and it was amazing. I have a soft spot for 5-6 year old boys whose imaginations run wild as they drive race cars, make me the best diner specials, scoop me banana ice cream sundaes and love to hold my hand, and this week the majority of my camp group were boys. I love the girls too, don't worry! It was an amazing week. After my first day of camp, one of the sweetest kids told me that he had the best day of his life with me. I have officially decided there is no better feeling than hanging out with 5-6 year olds.
  2. Puppies: Those close family friends I was talking about earlier? They got the cutest puppy and since we were over at their house a lot hanging out with their cousins, we had lots of time to play with their puppy, Boomer. He's the cutest. Puppies are so sweet and he is just the cutest. They made their puppy an Instagram, go follow @boomergoeswoof
    @boomergoeswoof
  3. Sushi: We went out to dinner for our family friend's dad's birthday. (Is this confusing yet? Sorry!) I'm in love with the spider roll (tempura soft shell crab, radish, cucumber, sesame seeds, spicy mayo). I'm not big on raw fish, but I love going out for sushi- always. And ice cream cake for dessert? Yes please. Oh and at dinner, with 8 kids at dinner, my brother walked over to me and whispered "Let's play a game- who can take the most mints." I told the other kids at my table, and the "big kids" aka the two college students decided to make it a legit game. There were rules and everything. We split into teams of two, and the objective was to take the most mints without anyone noticing. You could only take 2 mints each time you got up, and you got 10 extra points if there was a staff member at the counter while you got the mints. You lost all your mints if someone asked what you were doing. We had a ton of fun and we were laughing a lot during dinner. Surprisingly, the adults were too busy talking to notice what we were doing. Talk about a night of fun. (PS: We know the owners of the restaurant if that's any compensation.)
  4. Cow Appreciation Day: Friday was Cow Appreciation Day! Chick-Fil-A has an annual holiday called Cow Appreciation Day, where you can dress up as a cow and get a free meal! It's awesome and so much fun. Who doesn't love free Chick-Fil-A? I personally loved the Chicken, Egg and Cheese Bagel, and Cobb Salad. Yay for feeling silly and having fun! (And overeating on Chick-Fil-A and getting a stomachache... eh.) 
    Chicken, Egg and Cheese Bagel
  5. Bonfires: Last night was our family friend's cousins' last night visiting. They went go-karting and played laser tag when I got home from work. Then I went over to our family friend's house and we had a bonfire. Despite a commotion at the beginning, we had a great time. I have learned many things in life, but I still have not learned the self-control to only eat one s'more. Yum. I love roasting marshmallows and just hanging out. 
    The perfect s'more.
    I spent a long time perfecting it.
  6. EXTRA! The app Heads Up!: After playing our mints game at the restaurant and finishing dinner, the youngest girl thought of the genius idea to play the app Heads Up!, which is similar to charades and the game Hedbanz. I've played it before with my friends JC, MF and ALD at a sleepover and it was so much fun! We decided to play...in the restaurant... and it was a blast. It's such a fun game and the best part is it video-tapes you while you're acting it out so you can watch it afterwards. In all honesty, I'm not a big believer in buying apps, but this app is worth its $0.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment