Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Deliciousness: Summer Salad

As I talked about in my latest Recap post, I love salad! Something about the summer makes me want salad even more than usual. I made a delicious salad the other day filled with colorful ingredients and I had to share! Hopefully, I'll be sharing more salad recipes throughout the summer. Here's to good eating!

Sorry I only took one photo.

Ingredients: two cups of baby spring mix, five cherry tomatoes, 1/2 can of clementine oranges (I saw Trader Joe's with light syrup), five mini balls of fresh mozzarella (we get ours from Trader Joe's), small handful of croutons of your choice, two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, two tablespoons of olive oil

  1. Pour syrup out of clementines.
  2. Cut tomatoes and mozzarella in half.
  3. Put the two cups of baby spring mix on plate. 
  4. Add the tomatoes, mozzarella, and clementines.
  5. In a separate bowl, combine balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
  6. Drizzle mixture of balsamic and olive oil onto salad.
  7. Add croutons. Enjoy!
Balsamic vinegar and olive oil with clementines is surprisingly amazing! I (for real) prefer eating clementines with it. Tell me what you think! The combination may sound strange, but it is delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment