Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Let's Go On an Adventure... Philadelphia, PA

On our way to Canada, we stopped in Philadelphia to see the Liberty Bell, (Mom's always wanted to see it with us) and try the infamous Philly cheese steak. I really liked Philadelphia, maybe it was my love for the marketplace and Philly cheese steaks, but hey! ;) It was really pretty. All around Philly was the combination of old and modern architecture, which was really cool. There were lots of bike riders, which was really cool; I'd love to ride my bike all around Philadelphia. We were only in Philly for half a day, so we didn't do much. But here's what we did and my tips for Philly:

Go see the Liberty Bell: It's a really cool experience and it's free and even if the line is long, it moves quickly! It's held inside a center full of information to read and see. At the end is the Liberty Bell! It's a quick, easy, informational attraction.



Walk around Philly: There's lot to see and do. Just walking around is an experience itself. Don't forgot to stop and try some of Philly's famous water ice. Lemon and cherry water ice is available at any of the vendors on every street corner. (Water ice is seasonal.)

One of the National Treasure movies was filmed right here!

The architecture is very different than where I'm from.
Common stores on the side of the street and not in a strip mall
is normal in Philly.

I love the combination of modern and traditional,
as shown in this photo.
The modern corner building and the traditional clock.
Oh and there are lots of bicyclers in Philly!
This photo is Philly in a nutshell.
B.Y.O. Cheesesteak! ;)

The art is out of this world!

Famous Philly water ice.
It was different than anything I've ever tried before!

The two flavors available at almost every vendor.


Hungry? Head to the Reading Terminal Market: This market is probably the coolest thing in the world. Inside holds a wide variety of restaurants and grocery stores! You could eat at a different restaurant everyday for a month and you still wouldn't have tried each restaurant! It's a foodie's dream come true, and it's my dream come true. You can buy fresh produce or order some delicious food.

Not the best photo, sorry!
But it's probably my favorite place in the world.

Best sandwich in America award (seriously) goes to... TOMMY DiNiC's: Tommy's is located in the Reading Terminal Market and Tommy's roast pork sandwich has been awarded the best sandwich in America award. We tried the roast beef sandwich (I prefer pork, but my brother choose), and it was pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of roast beef in general, and I would go back to try the roast pork sandwich. Add some provolone on your sandwich because their cheese is really flavorful and delicious!



The famous roast beef sandwich!

We didn't get a chance to go... but next time we'll go to the Philly Pretzel Factory. I can't say no to soft pretzels, and we just saw their company on an episode of Undercover Boss.

We also stopped at Pat's and Geno's to complete the famous taste test between the two oh-so-popular Philly cheese steaks. They were both similar. I preferred Pat's, the rest of my family preferred Geno's.



Pat's!




Geno's!

However, we all agreed that our personal favorite Philly cheese steak was from the Reading Terminal Market's shop, by george! Also the Philly cheese steak was less the price than either Pat's or Geno's, and double the portion. I'd go here for Philly cheese steaks, or try somewhere new!





Philly was a lot of fun! We'll be back soon!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! Lots of food haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I did! The food was one of the best parts of the trip. :) Thanks for reading! -SKC

      Delete