Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Exploration.

Well if I can't travel, I guess reading about traveling is as close as I'll get.

I want to make one of these! The WSJ even has some events I can get start with. And these.

Mackenzie's post on traveling alone. I love reading the comments, and the photos make me so wanderlust!

Future spot for a NYC date with friends? Love all the flowers!

Can you tell whose blog I've been reading a lot? (Mackenzie's) I also found this through her blog. I want to go to that first spot in Bolivia! So cool!

I love the way WSJ does travel guides, getting different perspectives from lots of cool people in the area. Here is WSJ's Greece one.

Thanks to Carly from College Prepster for sharing this website. I could spend forever reading all of its posts.

I was on Katie Evans' tumblr, and found her guest post on Lady & Prince. One of the links to her guest post was trying out aquacycling. Seriously, this is my dream come true. I love the water, swimming and cycling. I know the next time I'm in New York, I will try this out! I would want to move to NYC just so every Saturday morning, I could aquacycle. Best. Workout. Ever. I probably spent an hour learning about aquacycling through Aqua's website.

Also, when I'm in NYC trying aquacycling, I'll definitely be sure to check out this Beyoncé dance class. Working out and becoming Beyoncé?! Sign me up.

Then I spent the rest of my night (seriously, I read until 3am) reading Lady & Prince blog. Something got me hooked, I don't know if it was the Disney posts or her adorable kids. Seriously so glad I didn't just close the tab. Obsessed. (Whoops, off topic from the traveling part of this post! Oh well, too cute to resist.) I love this NYC guide with kids Lady & Prince posted!

Following New York Times' Twitter was one of my smartest decisions. Ever. This post is about ensuring that your visit, as a tourist/visitor/guest, is helping the place and its people, not hurting it. It relates to what we're learning in AP human geography too!

These diary posts of Paris are beautifully written. Start with the first post!

What I would do to travel to a different place each week. This NYT post of "52 Places to Go in 2014" has got me dreaming of traveling. All the time.

WSJ's 2014 Travel Summer Guide. Now if only my summer could be spent traveling the world. One day. One day.

This would be a really cool way to see Rome. I'll keep this in mind if I ever have an hour layover in Rome.

I'm 99% sure if when my family and I go out of the country, (not including to Asia to visit family) we'll go to Europe. I'm 99% sure Paris, France will be on the list. My little brother is currently taking French, and he loves the culture! He has taught us all so much about French culture. Who wouldn't want to go?! And croissants. If croissants were a vegetable, I'd be the healthiest person in the world. I'll keep this article in mind when we go to Paris.

I hope, but I don't know if I'll ever make my way to Africa. I sure hope I will be able to. If not, I'll "settle" (settle meaning be honored and so blessed) with any of these safaris.

My uncle studied in the land down under for college. How cool is that?! I actually have several friends studying abroad in Australia right now. All the photos on Facebook look amazing. I would love to go! My mom has been; she said koalas are really heavy. Lol. I'd want to check out this restaurant while there! (While there meaning one day in the future. Hopefully.)

I've always wanted to go on a food tour! My friend HD's mom was telling me how HD's brother asked for tickets for a local food tour as part of his Christmas gift one year. I looked into it, and it sounds amazing! This is the Gatsby level of food tours... or should I say food parties. As quoted from The Great Gatsby: "A little party never killed nobody!" Yes please.

No comments:

Post a Comment