Friday, July 18, 2014

"It looks good! Buy it!"

The number of times I heard/said the title today was insane. Today I got to do one of my favorite things, go shopping with my friends! There's nothing I love more than shopping (truth) and being with my friends. Which is why shopping with my friends is one of my favorite activities. (And going out to eat with friends-which we did again. Hello Panera Chicken Caesar salads... again!)

I went with my friends ALD, MF, JSC and MMS. (Read about ALD, MF, JSC here!)

Between the time I first posted about them and this post, ALD discovered my blog via Pinterest and showed them. I wasn't expecting people I knew to read my blog, but it turns out lots of my friends found out about my blog (mainly through Pinterest!). Hey guys! This is for you. ;)

They also said that my description of ALD was much better than their descriptions, so here's a little more about them... (Read about them here!)

MF: MF is so loving and sweet. She always is so reassuring and always tells me how cute I am. If you don't have a friend like that, you need one. She's also a crazy... driver that is. ;) I'm the ultimate backseat driver when we're riding in her car #SorryNotSorry.

ALD: ALD is the Madewell to my J.Crew. We just click and I love ranting with her. She always tells me the truth which is what I always need- especially when I'm going sale-crazy in J.Crew.

JSC: We just get along really well and she's so gorgeous! We always twin with our Tory Burch sandals. She's so sweet and always makes me smile with the cutest "Good luck" texts! Friends that text each other "Good luck" before exams are true friends. I will be in tears next summer because JSC will be leaving for college. What?! We will be sobbing to High School Musical 3 as Troy and Gabriella leave for college and JSC will be too.

MMS: You haven't met MMS yet, but she's the sweetest and youngest of us all. She's so much fun to be around and so athletic- XC, basketball, swimming- she does it all! She's also the most amazing hairstylist. She gave JSC a waterfall braid the other night in less than 10 minutes and it turned out great! We're always laughing together.

ALD, JSC, MMS, me, MF
I'm wearing: Slim Secret Wash Shirt in Chatham Bay Plaid (sold out),
Factory Triple Stone Cluster Necklace3" chino short, Miller sandal
We went to the mall and it was so much fun! We went everywhere including Madewell (ALD's favorite store), J.Crew (my favorite store), Forever 21, American Eagle, Aerie, Belk (this Belk has a Lilly and Vineyard Vines section!), Victoria's Secret, Gap, Banana Republic and Pac-Sun. We have all similar but different styles, which makes it really fun to go shopping with my favs. (Similar but different? Does that even make sense?)

Here are some of the items we got:

Me: I went to J.Crew  really excited because they were having an in-store sale of an additional 50% off clearance. However when we got there, the clearance section was pretty close to empty... not that surprising since the sale has been going on for a while. We looked around, I tried on 3 pairs of shorts that were instantly "oh no!"s, according to ALD, whose opinions I'd trust with my life. By then everyone had slowly but surely left to the Forever 21 across the hall. Then I told ALD I was going to the mens section to look for buttondowns. (Look at my URL!) Then like a miracle, the cashier addressed me and the lady shopping in the mens section and held up two pairs of colored chino shorts. She asked if either of us were a size 4 and she had 2 pairs of 3" chinos. Neither of those color combos were available on the website or seen in the store. It was like WOW! It was perfect, perfect, perfect. I scooped up the two pairs for only $15 a piece! I called ALD for her to come back and get her approval. She approved (she even has the blue shorts!) and I bought them and walked into Forever 21 to find the other girls. I was a happy camper and I was content with all I bought.
3" Chino Short
3" Chino Short

ALD: I love ALD's style. She got a lot of cute clothes, and I'm so jealous of the Forever 21 dress she found and got! Here's what ALD got. She got another Madewell tank, but I can't find it on the website.

Ruffle Cami in Burgundy Ikat
Retro Bodycon Dress
It was more like a shift dress on her, since she sized up!
So cute and less than $11!

JSC: JSC got a cute Madewell tank too and I love shopping with JSC! JSC : Lilly :: Me : J.Crew. I also couldn't find her Madewell tank online, and she got the cutest Lilly seersucker scalloped skirt. It's the full package. She was super excited and we all love it!

January Scallop Hem Skort

MF: MF was looking for a dress during this trip and it was the first purchase she made- yay! She also bought a pair of a high waisted shorts from Hollister. I was in Aerie trying on a swimsuit so I didn't get a great chance to see it and attach a photo of the pair of shorts, but they were super cute. She also got another crop top/tank from Pac-Sun but I can't find it online either! I'm struggling with finding others' clothes online, sorry!

ZigZag Twist Back Dress

Crochet Trim Racer Tank

MMS: After seeing ALD try on the Forever 21 dress, MMS decided to get the same one in black! Not a bad idea since I was considering the same thing! While ALD, JSC and I went to Gap and Banana Republic, MF and MMS went ahead to their favorite store- Pac-Sun. Therefore, I didn't get a great chance to see what MMS got from Pac-Sun.

Retro Bodycon Dress

I also went to Banana Republic and looked for the first time. ALD is a fan, and I fell in love with their clothes. A future Current Cravings ft. Banana Republic? I think yes. 

Whose style is your favorite? Which pieces do you love? It was a very successful shopping trip, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment