Saturday, July 19, 2014

Five on Friday (Will this be late? Who knows?)

What a great week! I hung out with my friends ALD, JSC, MF and MMS a lot, and I got to hang out with my homegirl A.

I also got to attend the best swim team practice ever- it was also the only swim team practice ever. I'm not registered for swim team this year (for the first time in 5 years! I'm really sad.). I love swim team so much and that's how I met ALD, JSC, MF and MMS 6-7 years ago. They're the best and we all just get along so well.

Since I have the best summer job ever, my parents decided it wouldn't be the best for me to do swim team and have my job. However, today was drag day in swim team, where you swim in your clothes! Since JSC is an assistant coach for the team, ALD and MMS are junior coaches, and I know all the coaches and swimmers in my age group from the past years; JSC asked the head coach if I could come to drag day. She agreed! I was a little nervous because I wasn't on swim team all year and I had hoped that people wouldn't judge, but it was awesome! It was just like old times and it was so much fun.

I forgot how much I love/missed swim team. I was so glad Coach H was okay with me there, and she told me I was welcome anytime at practice- she's seriously the best. I love my friends so much, especially JSC and ALD for arranging it. Thanks guys and thanks Coach H! I really want to do swim team next year and I wish I had done it this year. Next year. ;)

To the best week ever! (Not including the summer camp weeks- that's a whole 'nother world.)

  1. Hanging out with friends: I got the chance to hang out with some amazing friends this week. Whether it was the most productive sleepover ever with A, a major shopping spree, cruising around town, and late night conversations in parking lots (not shady! Just because we're broke and heartfelt conversations.). Oh and food, lots of food. Chick Fil A, burgers and fries, Pelican's snoballs, Goodberry's and Panera Chicken Caesar salads- just to name a few.
  2. ALD and me!
  3. Parks and Recreation: New favorite show in the world. (Just kidding, Gossip Girl is probably #1, but this is a close second at the moment.) I've been watching it all week, and I'm already on Season 5. It's so funny. I am Leslie Knope in real life, and I want a Ben Wyatt- real dream husband. I also love Chris Traeger. And Ron Swanson. And especially Leslie Knope. Honestly, I love all the characters. There's no character I find annoying, other than the characters you're supposed to find annoying. ;) Such a funny show and it's so witty. It's LITERALLY a must watch. (Parks & Rec reference...) PS: I'm watching it right now.
    Image via Wikipedia
  4. The pool: I hadn't been to the pool all summer. Honestly, part of the reason I didn't go is because it's awkward going while swim team is going on. That's just me overthinking, after today's amazing practice, I wish I went to the pool more often this summer and did swim team! Oh well, no regrets. But just being at the pool and out in the sun is so nice, at least I have the rest of summer to go soak up the sun. 
  5. Banana Republic: ALD wanted to go into Banana Republic during our shopping trip and I fell in love with their clothes once we walked in. So cute! I'll def be doing a Current Cravings ft. Banana Republic soon. I need to start shopping at Gap more often too. Yay for new shops! (Ooh and there's a Banana Republic factory store- I'll have to visit soon!) 
    Halter Shift Dress
  6. Vampire Weekend: A and I had a jam session to Vampire Weekend while tie-dying (so much fun! Tie-dye is my unofficial #6 of the week.) and I forgot how much I love love love Vampire Weekend. Regretting not being able to go to their concert at the beginning of summer, but I was busy. 
    Image via Vampire Weekend website

No comments:

Post a Comment