Sunday, July 27, 2014

Help! Great Birthday Gifts?!

Image via Pinterest

I usually pride myself on giving sentimental, amazing birthday gifts. However, I didn't get an old friend's text invite to her party this week. She DMed me on Twitter letting me know since I didn't reply! I never saw the text. I haven't seen her in a while and was excited for the chance to see her again, so I happily obliged.

But that doesn't leave me much time to get a great gift!? I haven't seen her in a while and she's not like in love with any brand in particular (Sorry, I'm a brand name girl and I figure everyone else is too. They're not.).

I was thinking of getting her a picture frame (my favorite gift to give friends!), but I can't find all my photos with her since they're from a while ago when I used my old laptop (aka gone and I deleted all my old photos off Facebook because... well, because embarrassing.)

I hate getting people gift cards and when asking her stepbrother what to get her, he said a Starbucks gift card since she goes there every day after swim practice. I don't like getting gift cards- but I could buy a Starbucks tumbler with a Starbucks gift card inside and other goodies... Hmm.

Please provide me with some gift ideas before Monday comes!

Here are some ideas I thought of! Let me know what you think is a great gift! Maybe it's something you'd like to receive. Even better, if you have any better other ideas, let me know!


1.) Tie-Dye Kit & Shirt: It's a fun DIY craft for a rainy afternoon! It's not your typical birthday gift and awesome for those Pinterest lovers. Just add water!
Tulip One-Step Tie-Dye Kit
Women's Perfect Fit Crew Tee

2.) Ugly Selfie Book: For all those screenshotted Snapchats and embarrassing middle school photos. Make it as funny as memory lane can possibly be. I haven't made one yet, but it might be in the works for a friend in the future. Watch out guys! ;)

Inspiration from Sarah Belle's 21st Birthday Haul video


3.) Mix Tape: My friend AS made me a mix tape for my birthday and it's one of the best (possibly the best) gift I've ever gotten. She also made me a scrapbook (tie between the mix tape for the best gift ever). With songs from our middle school days and the lyrics we wrote on all our binders (in middle school, of course). It's also perfect for friends who drive so you can blast it while driving!

4.) Customized Shoes: Who doesn't love shoes? Especially shoes customized for your friend! My friend AV sells the coolest canvas shoes. You can get Toms, Mossimo Supply canvas shoes or Vans. You can contact VuVu Designs directly to create a custom order of shoes for your friend, or send in your own shoes to get them designed! Make sure to plan in advance because it takes 3 weeks processing and 3-6 days to ship to the US. If you need them sooner, rush order is also available! (Rush order is 7 business days processing and 3-6 days to ship to the US. More information here.)
Dream Catcher Vans
(These Vans are on sale for one week!
$129 original price, $94 this week only.)

5.) Movie Kit: What's better than a movie night at home? A new movie complete with all of the essentials: a great movie, popcorn, candy and a soda. Bundle it up in a bucket with a giant ribbon and you've got the ultimate stay-in night. You'll receive texts afterwards thanking you for a relaxing evening- whether with a date, the family, alone, or friends... Maybe you'll be the lucky friend asking to pass the popcorn that night! What better way to personalize this gift with a movie the two of you saw and loved in the theater or their favorite movie you know they don't own. Add a Share a Coke with their name to make the gift all the more personalized!
Ghirardelli Chocolate Squares Premium Assortment
Share A Coke - Customize and Personalize Coke Bottles With Names

6.) Sephora Fragrance Gift Sets: This is one of the coolest gifts ever. When I was online shopping at Sephora a few years ago, I ran into this gift and I thought it was the coolest gift in the world! How it works is you buy the fragrance sampler set which is filled with several samples of Sephora's most popular perfumes. The lucky recipient gets to try out all the samples of the sampler set. Then, she chooses her favorite scent of the set, and with an included scent certificate goes to redeem at any US Sephora store for the full size version of said perfume. So you get to try out different scents, pick your favorite and get the full size version of your favorite scent! It's perfect! It's a fun gift that I think is great! There are different versions of the gift set, so go here to check them all out!
Fragrance Rollerball Sampler For Her
Fragrance Sampler for Her

7.) R&R Kit: Similar to a movie kit (so much inspiration from #5), a R&R kit is perfect for your friend who needs some relaxation and loves a rainy day spent curled up with a book, a cup of tea (or coffee, if they prefer) and some relaxing tunes! (Tip: Add a sticky note of relaxing song recommendations onto the gift card for them to buy! I'm a huge fan of John Mayer, Jack Johnson, Ed Sheeran and acoustic versions of their favorite songs.)

Looking for Alaska
Tazo Calm Chamomile Herbal Tea

'crème de la crème' porcelain mug
iTunes Gift Card



More gift set inspiration to come! If you have any ideas what I can get my friend (I only have one day left!), please help! Send me some gift inspiration. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment