Saturday, June 28, 2014

(Belated) Five on Friday

I know, I know, it's Saturday. But I was on my feet moving, doing something from 6:30am until midnight yesterday. That doesn't leave much time for blogging!

So I'm doing it tonight. I'll try to exclude all I did today (which is a lot), you'll have to wait til the next Five on Friday post to hear all about it. ;)

This was my first week of work and it was amazing! It felt great working up early and getting to accomplish things throughout the day. While exhausted at the end of the day, I accomplished so much and had so much fun. I love summer camp. I can't wait to go to camp again! It's really different being a staff member versus being a volunteer, which I was for the past 4 years at the place where I work.

Without further ado... my Five on Friday!

  1. Sales: J.Crew knows how to do sales. During its additional 30% off sale and additional 50% off final sale, I went crazy. Crazy. That's what not shopping in a couple weeks does to ya. ;) I spent over $150 online. In my defense, the retail value of all my clothes was over $625! That's a win in my book. Read about my haul here! Then I happened (honestly it was a coincidence) to go to the mall and went into my local J.Crew. In store, they were having an additional 50% off all sale! Score! I bought a pair of chino shorts and the most gorgeous dress (my new obsession). I will show those in a haul sometime soon. (PS: Madewell is having an additional 30% off sale items sale! It ends on 6/29!)
  2. Camp: Obviously. It was my first week and it was awesome. I love my job! I was talking with my coworker, J and we talked about how much we love our job. J is studying to be a Kindergarten teacher and she's going to be an amazing Kindergarten teacher. J brought up the quote "If you love your job, you'll never have to work a day in your life." After my first week on the job, I couldn't agree more. I love going to my job and that's an amazing feeling. The kids say the cutest things and they notice everything! I was talking with my coworkers J and K about how much the kids notice about us (the counselors) that we don't even notice. J says "Co-cool!" often and she didn't even realize until one of her campers pointed it out. The kids truly are amazing. Yay for summer camp and Kidz Bop Spotify! How often do you get to Zumba to Frozen's Let It Go, kickbox with five year olds, and play in the museum version of Disney World with kids daily? I know that I have the best job... in the world.
  3. Surprise parties: I'm not huge on big parties, but I love small, intimate parties. On Friday, I attended a surprise party for my sweet school friend, TD. She is a competitive swimmer and her two friends from swim organized the party. Although SS and me were the only non-swim friends at the party, we had so much fun! I knew one of the hosts from middle school and we were close friends. All of TD's swim friends were so sweet, and the two hosts were the best! SS and I had so much fun and we loved TD's friends. Silly string, a custom made Spotify for TD and homemade cake, I love small surprise parties and TD & her hosts. It was awesome of them to invite TD's school friends!
  4. Driving: I've been driving to and from work all week practicing. I've got to say that I love it! Although when I make a mistake, I get really stressed and freak out, but I've gotten a lot better over the week. And I love driving with the radio on... which leads me to #5!
  5. Classic: After watching all of Sarah Belle's videos, she's got me hooked to Classic. I'm always singing to it, which is convenient because it's always on the radio. (PS: I only listen to the radio while driving which is why this is one of the first times I've heard this song, haha! 5SOS' She Looks So Perfect is really catchy too. My Spotify plays Best Day of My Life often and I'm so glad the radio loves it too!)
  6. Extra! Kidz Bop Spotify: because that's what we listen to in camp. Our kids love Katy Perry's Roar and What Does the Fox Say? The limit of times those kids will become tired of those songs does not exist. (Sorry for the lame pre-calc joke!)
PS: Remember my Sunnies post? Ray-Bans are currently on sale at Rue La La! The sale ends at midnight on June 29th!  

No comments:

Post a Comment