Friday, June 20, 2014

Five on Friday

I've lost track of the days of the week, now that it's summer! But yay for Fridays!

Yay because my first day of work is on Monday. I'm going to be a summer camp counselor and I'm so excited! It's at a local kids museum that I've volunteered at for the past 5 years. I know the museum really well and I couldn't be more excited to work there now! It's been my dream since I've started volunteering there. The people, the place and the overall atmosphere are great!

My cousin's bridal shower is this Sunday so yay! There isn't anyone my age there, but it's fun to play with my baby cousins when everyone isn't surrounded by them! They're the first babies, so it's really exciting!

Without further ado... a long awaited Five on Friday!
  1. Ultraviolence: Lana's new album came out this week. It's amazing. I love Lana Del Rey's voice and her latest album does not disappoint. I personally love Brooklyn Baby and Black Beauty. Honestly I've probably heard each song once and I've just been replaying my favorites. If you use Google Play, the single Ultraviolence is free for a limited time! I love listening to new albums, and I've been waiting for Lana's for a while. I fell in love with Lana Del Rey the first time I heard her in March 2013? It was pretty recently, but her voice is out of this world! Her lyrics are pretty controversial, but she is expressing herself and her past through the music, which I think, is really great. There's a good chance my July Playlist will have some songs from Ultraviolence. (#1.5) Shout-out to Spotify for letting you make playlists of all your favorite songs and giving you recommendations. I'm officially #TeamSpotify.)
    Image from Lana Del Rey's website
  2. Watches: You'll always hear me say "What time is it?" or check my phone for the sole purpose of checking the time. I'm the type of person who loves itineraries and schedules, and I mean love them. I'm that 10 year old who asks "What's the schedule?" when we're on a trip... at the beach. Yep, at the beach. I memorized my fifth grade Washington D.C itinerary because I like to know what we're doing and what we're going to do next and after that. When the watch trend caught on, I'm surprised I didn't jump on board immediately. I personally am not a huge fan of Michael Kors watches, and wasn't about to drop $200 on a watch. I did love the Kate Spade watches, (what can I say? I'm biased.) but again- not about to drop $200 on such a small accessory. I can buy another pair of Torys with $200! [Tangent: I'm a shoe girl. I learned this after I bought Jacks and then Torys. I want these Sam Edelman boots for the fall! That's probably what the money I make this summer will go towards. When I was younger, I was a purse girl. Obsessed with Coach purses, (Coach was the thing in sixth grade. I still have about five Coach wristlets, and a couple that I still use to this day!) and planning to save up for a Chanel. Still not there...] Back to watches: at work training, I learned that part of our dress code was a watch so we weren't checking the time on our phones. I was delighted! I started searching for Kate Spade watches during the surprise sales and Nordstrom's website. Then my mom told me I'd have to buy a watch with my own money if I didn't want the ones we had at home. Annoyed, I looked through the watches we had at home. There was one Fossil watch that I was like "Wait! I didn't know we had this!" So now it's my baby. Again- not about to drop $200 on a watch. It turns out I really like this Fossil watch, and whenever I wear it, I feel the need to be more productive- totally a great thing. I love wearing it now. It's probably going to be my new thing! ;) Watches look great with chino shorts, which is all I wear in the summer anyways. 
    Starting a stack!
    (L to R) Bracelet H gave me as a birthday present,
    Fossil watch (old, similar here & here), pearls my uncle gave me.
    J.Crew catalog in the back ;)
    Image via my Instagram
  3. Pelican's Snoballs: Snowcones got nothing on snoballs. They're soft and delicate, and not crunchy and hard. Snoballs, for real, are like eating snow. And the number of flavors they have is INSANE! Pelican's even has crazy flavors like dill pickle and toothpaste. I'm not daring enough to try them. You could go every day of the month and not run out of a new flavor to try. And the best part? They're cheap! It's $1.50 for a small. (pictured below) I love it! My favorite flavors (of the flavors I've tried) include orange pineapple, sweet tea and margarita. 
    Margarita snoball with my favorite newspaper in the background-
    Wall Street Journal.
    Yep I pick out my backgrounds too. This is real life.
  4. Tumblr: I took a break from Tumblr for a few months because I was bored of it. I recently got back on and fell in love with it again. Tumblr is best at night. The posts are the best and everyone's on. It makes you feel like everyone else is there with you and we're all fighting against the world together. You feel like a part of something. It's a great feeling. Follow me on Tumblr! Here are some of my favorite queued posts and posts: 
    Best complement ever!
    Why can't a cute boy send me that?
    Tumblr: setting my expectations higher than John Green did.
    Well that's debatable.

    So cute!

    HAHA.

    I'm cheesy.
    Tumblr is cheesy.
    We are meant to be.
     I love this! It was too long to screenshot & include. (Follow me on Tumblr!)
  5. Working out: Just because I forgot how good it feels when after you work out. And I watched the Season 3 season finale of Sherlock while working out- AH! It was so good. If you don't watch Sherlock, go work out and watch it. You'll be sweating by the time you're done because a.) the episodes are 1.5 hours, pretty much a movie's length and b.) the episodes are so AH! so good, full of surprises and "I never saw that coming!" moments.
  6. EXTRA! I found this on Tumblr this week and fell in love. You might be happy that it's Friday, but are you happier than this puppy? Cutest video EVER! (Confession: The photo below may or may not be my new computer wallpaper...) 
  7. EXTRA EXTRA (Read all about it!) Just kidding. But another free Google Play song for a limited time - Step by Vampire Weekend. You're welcome, Android users. You're welcome. I've been blasting Step and Ultraviolence on repeat lately. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment