Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Let's Go On an Adventure... Washington D.C

I don't even know how many times I've been to Washington D.C, but the city never fails to inspire me. Knowing that the world's decisions are being made in the city that I'm in excites me! I love politics. I don't see how one wouldn't be interested in politics. Politics relates to everyone. While I'm not here to discuss my political views, I love the energy in D.C! I also love how there is so much to learn in D.C, all the memorials are beautiful, and being able to visit them, you're able to learn all about the history. And the museums. Oh, the museums. If I loved in D.C, every weekend, I'd visit a different museum and spend the entire day there. There is so much to learn in museums, and it's hard to truly learn everything when you're visiting D.C, and trying to cram as much as you can in the time you're there. I love how you can walk, and take the Metro everywhere in D.C, it's the best way to stay in shape... walking from place to place.

Georgetown has stole my heart. The last time I visited D.C, I stayed in a hotel close to Georgetown. Georgetown was only a 10 minute walk away. The boutiques and restaurants in Georgetown are so cute. I could stay in D.C forever.

If you're planning on traveling to D.C soon, this is what I recommend:

Newseum: It's my favorite museum in the world. I love journalism and the news. There's so much to learn about the news, and it's so interesting- regardless if you're a news junkie or not. Here, you can see a part of the Berlin Wall, view 9/11 from the news side, and see every newspaper cover from the day you visit.You can even take part in a newscast! The top floor has a balcony, providing a gorgeous, panoramic view of D.C.

Current exhibit in the Newseum about JFK
Image taken by me

Panorama taken on the top of the Newseum balcony
Image via one of my Instagram accounts, check it out here!


Smithsonians: While a museum that everyone knows about, the Smithsonians have their famous repuation for a reason. There's so much to learn at the Smithsonians, and they're all a walking distance away from each other. Don't forget to go to the National Zoo, you can see the pandas there!

United States Holocaust Memorial Museum: There is so much information in this museum about the Holocaust, people start at the top floor of the museum, and work their way down. Each floor is a different time period of the Holocaust. There are sometimes Holocaust survivors you can meet on the bottom floor. When I went to D.C with my eighth grade class, we got to meet a Holocaust survivor. She had written a book about her experience, and we learned so much while talking to her. The museum is very powerful, and is one you'll never forget. (You aren't allowed to take photos in this museum.)

Memorials & Monuments: The memorials and monuments are so beautiful. You can learn a lot about the people and wars that the memorials and monuments are about. It's nice to have a place to pay your respects to all those who served in the wars.
Lincoln Memorial
Image via one of my Instagram accounts, check it out here!

Sweetgreen: If you don't have a Sweetgreen in your area, try it out in D.C! It's a chic fast and healthy food place. Sweetgreen sells salads, wraps, soups, and some Sweetgreen locations offer Sweetflow, their frozen yogurt. I got the earth bowl (warm grains + organic arugula with roasted chicken, white cheddar, grape tomatoes, raw corn and spicy broccoli; topped with a pesto vinaigrette) at Sweetgreen, and it was delicious! The people working were friendly and happy to help. It came with a slice of bread, and I couldn't finish it all in one sitting! It's a lot of food. It's delicious, healthy, and a great alternative to fast food. That March bowl (organic mesclun + shredded kale with roasted sweet potatoes, caramelized onions, local blue cheese, bacon and candied pecans; topped with our housemade balsamic vinaigrette) looks like it was made for me, so I really wish I was in D.C currently for that March bowl.

Earth bowl
Image via one of my Instagram accounts, check it out here!

Meiwah: Best Kung Pao chicken I've ever had. This Chinese restaurant was really close to our hotel, so we decided to try some food from ther. The Kung Pao chicken was so good, that we got it again the next night. Many famous people have ate at Meiwah; in fact, it's one of Bill Clinton's favorite restaurants! (Didn't take a photo of the food or restaurant, and we ordered take out... whoops!)

I love D.C! I would love to have a future living there! Those Georgetown apartments are so charming. The excitement in the D.C air is enough to make me want to move there. Any other places you love in D.C? Where did I miss? I'll make sure to add them to my "must visit" list for the next time I'm in D.C, which will hopefully be very soon! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment