Friday, June 13, 2014

Summertime Beginnings

I wanted to start this post with this photo.
It's from a few years ago and I went with my Girl Scout troop to the beach.
A friend took this photo without me knowing after sunrise.
We woke up early to go see the sunrise, and it was amazing.
I have had my first two days of summer! Today is day 2 of summer vacation. It's been pretty good. I'm really hoping for the chance to do stuff this summer. Experience summer. Not just sit around and watch Netflix.

Although I am expecting to catch up on some Netflix and watch some new movies and shows. Any recommendations? I want to watch some more Audrey Hepburn movies.

Oh, I'd love to read some books too. John Green's Paper Towns and Looking for Alaska. I pinned this Buzzfeed article, "17 Books To Read If You Liked "The Fault In Our Stars." The books Zac and Mia and Anna and the French Kiss sound good!

I also pinned the Refinery 29 article "The 10 Best Beach Reads, According to Us," which has some great reads: Crazy Rich Asians sounds hilarious and relevant to myself, The Secret History is my ideal story dealing with mystery and Young Money sounds like an interesting read about Wall Street.

Another pin (Pinterest obsession? Yes.) led me to Ellie Hutchison's 2013 Summer Reading In Review post, which introduced me to some great reads. Interesting fact: I love non-fiction books, especially business books. Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead sounds amazing! I love books about women in power.

And... another pin to this book review. I love these types of books. Going out in the world, learning about yourself and your values, discovering the world around you. A Year Without Make-Up sounds like the perfect summer read! And I love to travel, so I'll be wanderlust during this summer.

After my first slideshow of books from Refinery 29, "Book Recs, Courtesy of L.A.'s Best Authors:" I love books written in letters Love, Nina sounds great and again Crazy Rich Asians and Where'd You Go, Bernadette. Yes please!

Let's do this summer. Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment