Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Sunnies

Summertime. Sun's out, and it's time for adventures. It's time for car rides blasting country music (my friends were controlling the radio) cruising down the highway with the sunroof and windows down, impromptu trips to the beach, group messages about mandatory zoo trips to wear a new pair of Chacos, spontaneous lunch dates, paying for snow cones in all your change and photo shoots in the sticky heat with bugs eating away. But it's summer!

And with summer means sunglasses. (Obviously!) Or as I like to call them, sunnies.

I currently have a pair of sunglasses from American Eagle from last year. The cute AE employee talked me into them! He was really cute.
My current sunnies
Of course, when I saw all my summer friends recently (AD, JS & MF- read about them here!), they were all sporting their Ray-Bans. I have wanted a pair of Ray-Bans for a while, but I don't know if they're worth the investment. What if I lose them? My bae (don't read into that! just friends) MS (read about him here) broke his pair of Ray-Ban Clubmasters by sitting on them! He's stupid, we know. ;) 

My amazing cousin (who I strive to be when I'm her age) is a total shopoholic like me, but more extreme. Like 10 pairs of Tory sandals and flats extreme. She was talking about getting me a belated birthday/Christmas present. She brought up a pair of nice sunglasses, and I pointed out that I wouldn't use them enough for them to be worth it. She said when I start driving (like a lot), I will use them. Maybe I'll have to invest in a pair. Is it worth it?

I'm also obsessed with the hipster style sunglasses... The huge round framed sunglasses with the . A girl I follow on Twitter has a pair, and I'm dying for a pair! If anyone knows where to get them, (I've searched Google many times with "hipster round framed sunglasses" and can't seem to find them!) 


Similar to these... but bigger and more dented at the top and tortoise-shell printed?

Colorblocked Round Sunglasses

I also am loving these Tory Burch cat eye sunglasses (on sale!!)

Tory Burch 56mm Cat Eye Sunglasses

And what about Ray-Bans? Are they worth the hype?

Ray-Ban 'Classic Clubmaster' 51mm Sunglasses
These are my personal favorite!
I wish I could rock a pair of aviators but they don't look good on me. Clubmasters are my favorite style of Ray-Bans.

I know, I'm all over the place with my love for sunnies' styles. But to add to the chaos, I love Sarah Belle's Betsey Johnson sunglasses! I don't think they're available anymore, which makes me want to cry! They're perfect. She talks about them here in her June 2013 Favorites video!

Sarah is the one on the right!
Screenshot from her LA week 2 vlog.
What is your take on sunglasses? Are they worth saving or splurging?! Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment