Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Major J.Crew Haul

If I wrote a book, its title would be "How To Convince Your Parents To Let You Spend $150+ on one J.Crew Purchase".

This never happens. My mom didn't like two items, which is pretty good seeing as I had 8 items. I ended up buying:
  • 2 sweaters
  • 1 dress
  • 3 button-downs
  • 1 pair of shorts
  • 1 pair of socks
for around $150? (I think the end product was $152 something.) From J.Crew and J.Crew quality? I think yes. I caved and got a pair of lobster socks. I'm excited. I'm so excited for my purchase to come in - yay! 

I'll be sure to do a haul of all my new purchases, I'm super excited about all of them! And the best part? The retail value of all my items combined is... $628! I spent less than a fourth of the retail price. #ExtremeCouponingAllStar?

Two of my button-downs are from the men's section. I couldn't resist! I got them in an XS and I'm usually a S in women's. I expect them to be a little loose, just like I like them. We'll see.


Here are the items I got:

Merino Mesh-Sleeve Sweater
Review: I love this sweater! I got it in my normal size, a small. It fit perfectly. The sleeves are really cool because they're mesh! (Go to the link above to view a close up.) It's a really light sweater and so comfortable!


Merino Zip-Shoulder Sweater
Review: This sweater is a little thicker and still really comfortable. I really like it too and the zippers are a cute touch!

Classic Chambray Popover
Review: I was most excited for this purchase! A J.Crew popover for $15?! Even better a chambray popover for $15. (!!!) I just tried it on and it's so cute. It's going to look great with all my chino shorts.

Pleated Short in Cotton Pique

Review: These shorts are so cute! They also look great with the popover. They are going to match everything and they're a 3" inseam- yes, yes, yes.


Swoop Dress in Latticework Medallion
Review: I got this dress in a size 2, which is a size smaller than usual. I'm really short, so I was nervous the dress would still be really long. I got it today and it was perfect! Unfortunately I didn't unbutton the back and ripped a seam that was sewed together. It was a tiny seam though, and it's a quick, easy sew together.


Slim Secret Wash Shirt in Chatham Bay Plaid
Review: This shirt is actually from the men's section. I got it in a XS, and I'm a women's S. It was just the tiniest bit loose but it's perfect. I love it! It was only $15- can it get any better than that?

Secret Wash Shirt in Peacock Blue Plaid
Review: Another men's XS shirt. What can I say? I love menswear. And yes I love it. It looks great underneath the sweaters.
Lobster Socks
Review: Lobster socks. Enough said.


I got so excited!
The package wasn't scheduled to come until Monday,
but it came early!
Thank goodness it came early. :)

Mesh-sleeve sweater and plaid men's shirt.
'

Love this sleeve on the sweater!

I have another (much smaller) J.Crew haul to come! I've gone a bit shopping/J.Crew crazy lately. I don't even mind. ;) I spent over $150 on this haul, which means there probably won't be another haul for a while... it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment