Friday, April 18, 2014

Deliciousness: Avocado

My favorite food might just be avocado. Possibly. But I know one thing for sure, I've never met an avocado I didn't like. 

I think I had avocado for the first time when I was 10? I had never tried it before, who knows why? I didn't try many foods that looked weird to me when I was younger. It sucks because they're some of favorite foods now: avocado, tomato, pickles. (Well I love pickles, but they aren't one of my favorite foods!)

Image via my Instagram
So I was reading Amy Stone's blog, and I love reading about restaurants! I fell in love with that photo of the avocado toast. I knew I'd have to try, and make some of my own! This morning, I was looking for some breakfast, and noticed that we had some leftover avocado from when we made our own sushi. I can't pass up a chance to eat some avocado! Seriously avocado is perfect with everything, on top of omelettes, with rice, with tacos, with chips... with everything!

I wanted to make some avocado toast, but we didn't have any bread in the house! That was unusual because we typically have bread in the house, although I don't eat it that often. (I eat peach, strawberry or plain Greek yogurt for lunch. The plain Greek yogurt is eaten with cereal, honey or granola!) Of course, when I want bread, we don't have it.

But we did have Ritz crackers. So I present to you the easiest snack/light breakfast/side/appeitizer ever that is delicious!


Ingredients: avocado, Ritz crackers (any plain cracker will do fine!)

  1. Slice avocado. (Just use a butter knife, avocado is super soft!)
  2. Put slice on top of a cracker.
  3. Enjoy! 



PS: My rockin' dad is going out to buy some bread, so I'll post about avocado toast when I try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment