Sunday, April 6, 2014

Let's Go On an Adventure... Houston, Texas

Over spring break, I got a chance to go to Houston, Texas. I have a lot of family there, and I love it so much. The food, the atmosphere, the people- just everything is great. Here are some of my favorite parts of the Houston area.

Top Golf: If you like golf, you've got to check this place out! Playing golf off the balcony with a panoramic view of Houston? It doesn't get better than that. I recommend asking for a booth on the top floor, and eating the french fries. So good!
Top Golf fun!
Photo via my Instagram
The Galleria: The ultimate mall. There's everything from Gucci to Tory to Henri Bendel to an ice skating rink. Yes you heard me right. Ice. Skating. Rink. What else do you need? A shopaholic's paradise!
Galleria during the winter... stunning!
Image via Hotel Granduca Houston's blog
Shipley Do-Nuts: Shipley Do-Nuts' headquarters is located in Houston. If you don't have a Shipley in your area, (they're located in Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi & Alabama) you should definitely try it out when you get the chance! I am not a huge fan of donuts, but I'm a huge fan of Shipley Do-Nuts!
YUM.
Image via Shipley Do-Nuts' website

Kolache Factory: I don't know where Kolaches are, but they're not in my area. There are a ton of Kolache Factories in Houston. So so good! Kolache is a pastry filled with a food item, such as cheese, bacon or fruit. So tasty, and such a good breakfast item!
Kolaches are sooo good. Sooo good.
Image via Houston Press' blog

Blue Bell Factory Tour: Love Blue Bell? So do I! Disclaimer: I personally haven't been on this tour, but my cousin went when she was younger, and said it was a lot of fun. They give a free sample of ice cream during the tour... so yay for ice cream! Blue Bell is such good ice cream, always fresh and always good. Blue Bell headquarters are near Houston, so yay!
Still a half gallon of ice cream!
Image via Blue Bell's website
Taste of Texas: Such good food. Mainly steak... it is a "Taste of Texas," after all. ;) You should get a reservation, if you can, because the wait is crazy long! There is amazing steak, an amazing salad bar, and amazing concessions while you wait for your table. (free popcorn, sodas and chips & salsa... yes please!)

Pappasitos' Cantina: Best. Tex Mex. Ever. The food is insanely good, Mexican food is the best. If possible, go on Wednesday because that's half price fajita day! The fajitas are amazing! So so so good. My favorite restaurant in Texas. For sure.



Houston Zoo: I visited this zoo when I was younger, I haven't been back in a while... but who doesn't love the zoo? Monkeys, elephants and ostriches- oh my!

You can feed the giraffes from 11am-2pm; it's only $5 for giraffe food!
Image via Houston Zoo website

The Children's Museum of Houston: I visited this museum when I was younger, and it was my paradise. We've came back recently, and it still is my paradise! They renovated the museum and made it even cooler... if that's possible! You can even get a Kid Card which is an ATM card that you can even play with electronically! And that's just one part of the museum... there's a great outdoor area with water play, if the weather is nice! The museum is seriously the coolest thing, if you have kids or younger siblings, or just wanna go check it out- there's nothing better to do!
The kids can climb on this.
And yes, I did too. Two years ago.
Too fun to resist!
Image via Children's Museum of Houston website
So much fun!
Image via Children's Museum of Houston website

Have you ever been to the Houston area? Or in Texas? I went to San Antonio once when I was younger on a weekend trip with some cousins, an aunt and an uncle. I mainly remember visiting the caverns, it was a while ago! I love Houston! Definitely check out Texas if you ever get the chance. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment