Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Gotta Keep Your Head Up

This hasn't been my best week. Yes, some great things have happened, and I'm so thankful for them.

But some not so great things have happened. Unfortunately, these not so great events have really affected my mood.

The bright side? My true friends have really shown their love, and I've grown to appreciate them even more. (If that's possible!?) They help me with all the crazy in my life. I have some great friends, and I'm sooo thankful. I have some awesome teachers who are more like mentors, and a great supportive group of friends. They always make me laugh when I'm stressed. I'm really close with all my teachers, and I am a strong believer that everyone should be friends with their teachers. Teachers understand what you're going through, and can really help. (Teacher appreciation week is coming up... yay! Get ready for lots of posts about teachers, education and the importance of it all. This is one (of many) issue I feel strongly about.) My teachers/mentors always give me great advice about what I should do when it comes to academic-related decisions, and other important decisions. They're easy to talk to, and I'm so blessed to have such great teachers that want me to succeed. My school was recently voted #1 school in our state, so that's really exciting!

I'm really looking forward to this weekend, so I can relax and focus on my studies. (Lots of exams coming up... AH!) I just need a relaxed weekend, and hopefully I can get my room cleaned. (The rest of my life is perfectly organized... except my room. The irony.) I'll hopefully type some blog posts, and start studying for my exams!

Next week is a busy week. I have a pre-calculus test and AP human geography test on the same day. Thankfully that is early in the week, so it will be able to get those done with. Then I'll have to start studying for my exams... ahh! I have some other tasks to be completed. I'm hoping to squeeze in one fun activity next week too! Fingers crossed! I'm excited for a fresh new start next week.

Thank you to all my friends and teachers for being there for me this week. I wouldn't be able to succeed without y'all! I love all of you.

I wanted to end this post with some things that always make me feel better when I'm down:

  • Talking about it. Let it all out. Rant. Talk with trusted friends, mentors and family. They will listen, and maybe throw in some good advice.
  • Writing it out. Blogging is a great way to let everything out. If you don't blog, just write it out. You can throw it out afterwards, but just putting it out on paper can really help.
  • Listening to music. Whether Miley or John Mayer helps you destress, listen to it. Disney Children's Pandora never fails me. I like a combination of Miley and Beyonce, or MGMT to forget about things. I love John Mayer, the XX, and Jack Johnson to relax. When I'm sad, Disney Children's Pandora is playing. 
  • Reading. Reading a great book or some awesome news articles is always a great way to jump into another world without leaving your current location. I love reading traveling articles and planning my imaginary trip to the place.
  • Log off. Sometimes I need to escape the social media world of Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. If I'm already upset, one annoying tweet is enough to put me in a worse mood. I've learned that it's better to say less on social media than more. (Please don't be that person that tweets really depressing tweets 24/7, or that person who retweets every heartbroken love quote from every love account known to man.)
  • Do something you love. Go bake some cookies, go paint a picture, go play a game of tennis. You'll forget about your worries for a little while. Some of the best pieces of art were created when people weren't the happiest.
  • Paint your nails. I don't know about you, but a manicure just calms me down and makes me feel more put together. I'm ready to conquer the world when my nails are painted.
  • Watch your favorite movie/show. If I'm having a rough time, and have some free time; I don't mind snuggling up in my bed and watching Breakfast at Tiffany's, Grease, or an episode of New Girl to cheer me up.
  • Work out. This is the healthiest way to relieve stress, and is very effective. Unfortunately, when I'm sad, I just want to eat 7192 pounds of chocolate and snuggle in bed. But if it works for you, more power to you! (I wish I wanted to work out when I'm sad!)
  • Go outside. A breath of fresh air can really change your mood. Just a little bit of sunshine and fresh air does wonders. If possible, go for a walk by yourself. Just observe and have some time to think for yourself.
  • Write a card to a friend. Sometimes it's nice to just think about someone else. Write a friend a card about how much you appreciate them, and send it. Snail mail is the best, and you'll make your friend's day! 
  • Take a nap. Sleep can change everything. Am I right? Am I right?


Happy birthday to my BFF since kindergarten! You deserve the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment