Friday, April 4, 2014

Five on Friday

How is it already Friday? Spring break has flown by! There's still so much I want to do... and so much I need to do. I had a great time in Houston, Texas, and getting the chance to see my family again. The last time I saw them was winter break of 2012! It's crazy how time flies. Well I had a great time, and I will be talk about that trip in another post. Unfortunately, I didn't take that many photos in Houston, but I will have a lot to talk about. So... my Five on Friday:

5 things from this week

  1. Vans for J.Crew: Vans are really popular now. I love the look of a casual dress with shoes such as Vans! I instagrammed a picture on my Instagram fashion account of my Lilly Pulitzer dress with my Coach sneakers! The dress would look so cute with Vans... ah. I don't have a pair of Vans, but I really want a pair! Especially after I saw my friend DC's pair of off white Vans for J.Crew. They were so cute, and he rocked them! And if I was going to get Vans, I would obviously want the J.Crew version of them. ;) I love the laces that the J.Crew Vans have! I might have to grab a pair, I personally love the nickel colored ones... Oh and the cute boy, VV, that sits in front of me has a pair of Vans; they might be J.Crew Vans. I will have to ask him! We could twin. ;) (Side note: My friend AV even has an Etsy shop where she sells personalizes Vans! She does them in all different patterns and styles, she will even customize them to your personal wants! It's amazing!) 
    Dress and sneakers? Love
    Pink Polo Ralph Lauren sweater,
    Lilly Pulitzer dress,
    Coach sneakers
    Photo via my Instagram account
    I love the nickel color!
    Image via J.Crew

    My friend DC has this pair of off-white Vans for J.Crew
    Image via J.Crew

    Handcrafted Vans
    Designed by my super talented friend AV
    Check out her Etsy shop VuVuDesigns!
    Image via VuVuDesigns' Etsy

  2. Old friends: Recently, I've gotten to talk to some old friends. We've just spaced apart because of going to different schools and time. It is so much fun to talk to old friends and have all the memories of old times flood back. Such fun memories with great people! I recently talked to one of my middle school crushes, and he still is the nicest guy. He even knows my friend AJ (mentioned in my Talent Show post) through basketball! I will have to go to one of their basketball games. ;) It's crazy how small the world is. I also got to talk to another friend from middle school, GH, I was really close with GH, and it was great to talk to him! I had a sleepover with a close friend last night, and she is one of my BFFs, A! (mentioned in my A Few of My Favorite Things... Netflix post) A and I went to the same middle school, but now go to different high schools. I'm so glad we've remained close over the years, and we're inseparable. (Check out A's Instagram: @duba_i.) A's younger brother is currently on his D.C field trip, so A & I talked a lot about our D.C field trip and a lot of fun memories were brought up. Old friends remind you of your past and all the fun times you had. It also makes you appreciate them a lot more because they were friends with you when you acted and looked like that. ;)
  3. Humanity: As you know, I was in Houston for spring break. Our first flight was over 30 minutes late, and we had a connecting flight. Because our first flight was delayed, we had 15 minutes to make it to our next flight. In an international airport. My family and I had never been in this airport before. When our first flight was on the ground, and we had to wait to get off; I started freaking out. I was telling my brothers we would have to run, and calling my dad who was a couple rows back. I checked my phone (thank goodness for smartphones!) to check where our next flight was. Then I started freaking out because it wasn't that close. Thankfully, passengers nearby heard me freaking out, and they explained to me how to get to the terminal as quickly as possible. They gave me step by step instructions, and I asked so many questions. I was so flustered and worred we wouldn't make it. Our flight was the last one of the night, and if we didn't make the flight, we would have to stay here overnight! Thankfully, they were so kind, and kept encouraging and telling me we'd make it to our next flight. They let us run off the plane, and we made it to our plane with 2 minutes til departure. 2 MINUTES. All the other passengers had already boarded, and we were all exhausted... we sprinted past 30 terminals, took the concourse train and made it there. We wouldn't have made it without the help of those strangers. I don't think I had ever felt so thankful. All I could say on the plane was how thankful we were for those passengers' help. We wouldn't have made it, or known where to go without their help. What I learned? Always help others. Always.
  4. Gap: I haven't really shopped at Gap before. One of my cousins, AC, who lives in Houston, LOVES shopping. Even more than me. And I LOVE shopping. We went shopping on Sunday, and when asked about where I currently shop, I told her J.Crew. The mall we went to didn't have a J.Crew inside, they had a J.Crew outside nearby the mall. So, we decided to go inside Gap because of its "Additional 40% off everything" sign outside. AC talked about how Gap is usually hit or miss. It was a hit! AC bought a maxi dress, a couple tees, and a pair of pants. I got a sweater... for $6! Yes, I know- it sounds crazy! It is! It was originally more than $50, but got a major mark down. Excited is an understatement. It's a plain blue and absolutely gorgeous. I think I'll start shopping at Gap more often. It's a bit pricy. (pricy meaning I won't be able to find more $6 sweaters anytime soon, but I know the quality of Gap is good, and hopefully they'll have some good sales!) Plus, I can't just shop at J.Crew. (Because Nordstrom is a little out of my budget (as a non-working girl) currently.) 
    $6 Gap sweater on the left,
    Tory Burch clutch,
    J.Crew sweater on the right
  5. The xx's Angels: My bff A (mentioned in #2 of this post) gave me a mix CD as one of my birthday gifts this year. I love it! One of my favorite songs on it is "Angels" by the xx. Such a good song. And the song was played in a Chuck & Blair scene during the final season of Gossip Girl. (I'm obsessed, I know!) I've heard this song before, but since it's now on my phone and I was on the airplane, it has been on replay all day, everyday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment