Sunday, April 27, 2014

Rent the Runway

  1. I love dressing up and formal events. I'd like to think that I have a good eye for fashion, and whenever I gain another follower on my fashion Pinterest board, I'd like to think that's someone saying "I like your taste!" Is that weird? I don't know. I just really like clothes and shopping. Really. Really like clothes and shopping. I have since... forever?! At least since my mom stopped buying my clothes for me. I remember picking out a cute Tommy Hilfiger red jacket with ribbon on it in 2nd grade as a Christmas present from my cousins; I think I wore it everyday after I got it...
  2. My budget doesn't allow me to buy lots of dresses, especially expensive formal dresses. One day... one day...
  3. I hate re-wearing dresses. I got the cutest dress from BCBG at T.J Maxx for a formal I attended 2 years ago... I loved it. However, my mom said I could only buy it if I wore it to my cousin's wedding as well. (The dress was $80 at T.J Maxx, original price around $250... all my friends' dress were around $50, whoops!) I agreed, because the dress is gorgeous! I have worn it since to the formal, the wedding and to a fancy dinner with my best friend. It is such a gorgeous dress that I don't mind wearing it a couple times, and I'd still wear it again if I had a time... But I hate having to Insta the same dress over and over again. ;) And you have to Insta special events! Thank goodness that my mom and I are the same size, and she has this gorgeous Calvin Klein blue dress I've worn to some formal school events.  
    The wedding!
    BCBG Maxazria

    Don't mind the Insta filter.
    Dinner with the BFF!
    Thanks Mom!
    Calvin Klein

So what's the solution to all these problems? Rent the Runway! The dresses from Rent the Runway are gorgeous, designer and you can pay a great price to wear them once. Aka different dresses for different occasions! You can literally rent the runway... so cool!

I haven't used it yet, but the reviews are great. The best part is there's a retail store in NYC, so you can actually try on the dress in person before buying! If you don't live in the city, RTR lets you rent two different sizes in the dress, for free! Just in case your normal size doesn't fit. How perfect is that?! Love it.

Here are some of my favorites:
I love this color and style!
I think I might want this dress for prom.
It's beautiful!
Badgley Mischka Pastel Petunia Gown
Um LOVE.
The pleating, the fit and the style are perfect!
Versace Collection Spin the Record Dress
Ever since my BCBG dress, I've had a love affair with green dresses.
This dress would be gorgeous for prom!
The design is simple and clean, just like me!
Badgley Mischka Flora Chiffon Gown

So bright!
Carlos Miele Magenta Orchid Gown
Scallops in a shift? Yes please!
I love the sleeves and hem design!
Oh and that coral color. Adore-a-ble!
Trina Turk Seashell Bateau Shift

How beautiful is this?
It's show stopping, and reminds me of a ballerina!
The name fits it perfectly:
Allison Parris Winter Wonderland Dress
The perfect amount of sparkles!
Rebecca Taylor Peacock Feather Dress

I love a shift dress!
This pattern is classy, elegant and simple!
(It's only $30 to rent! With an original $1895 retain price!)
Moschino Vanilla Scoop Shift

This dress is gorgeous! I love the hem.
Thakoon In a Daisy Dress
The obsession is REAL.
The sparkle, the bell sleeves, the shift!
need to wear this dress!
I don't know if I can wear this to a wedding.
(Too close to white?)
I went through at least twenty photos
Of RTR customers wearing it,
And the reviews are great!
I'm just really short, so I'm afraid it might be too long.
I'll keep you posted!
Badgley Mischka Sequin Bell Sleeve Sheath

The ruching at the top is gorgeous.
And the color.
And the bottom.
Possible prom dress?
ML Monique Lhullier Synergy Gown
It's amazing.
The tulle is out of this world!
Reem Acra Florence Gown
Perfect for any occasion!
Nha Khanh Sweet Talk Dress
My love for tulle and lace combined together.
Double love!
Nha Khanh Karla Dress
Navy and such a beautiful design.
Carlos Miele Sao Paulo Beauty Gown
Sweetheart neckline is love.
Erin Erin Fetherston Gold Dot Drip Dress

My favorite pair of shorts from J.Crew
Remind me of this dress!
I couldn't resist. It's gorgeous!
Suno Electro Pink Explosion Dress
So fun and so happy!
Doesn't it make you smile just looking at it?
Nanette Lepore Balinese Dance Dress



How beautiful is this dress?
It's just the prettiest style!
Clover Canyon Moscow Mixup Dress

The obsession is real! I love the dresses from Rent the Runway! I will have to try it out soon!

Has anyone tried it out? What are your favorite picks from RTR?





No comments:

Post a Comment