Thursday, April 10, 2014

#YouBetaBelieveIt

I love Beta Club. Getting elected as secretary was amazing. I'm so honored to work with such a great group of people, and have the opportunity to plan, implement and execute events with my peers!

We had a record number of people join this year, and the induction ceremony was tonight! We were really nervous we wouldn't have enough time to finish, but we finished an hour and a half less than we expected. Yep, an hour and a half.

We (the officers) were all nervous since we didn't really prepare, but it turned out great. It went smoothly, and it was awesome!

I had to pronounce all the new members' names, and I did mess a few up. I asked everyone how to pronounce their names before, and I tried my best! I was excited that all the members said that my speech went really well. I talked really fast, (typical) but they could understand me, which was great. I wasn't nervous, I just seemed really peppy. (typical!)

The food was good. (So glad we had enough food!) The people were great. Yay for great events! I'm so relieved it's over now though; my stress was at an all time high earlier that night lining up almost 100 freshmen up in alphabetical order, and learning how to pronounce all of their names!

Beta Club Officers!
Left to right: AK (treasurer), CC (sergeant at arms),
MS (president), me (secretary), J (VP, almost mentioned in my Talent Show post! )
Dress is my mom's, it's from Calvin Klein!


No comments:

Post a Comment