Wednesday, April 9, 2014

It's the Little Things

Today was such a good day.

Such a good day.

The best part was that I wasn't expecting today to be that extraordinary. I thought it would just be a normal day.

Here's why it was such a good day.

I was wearing a super cute outfit. I got tons of complements on my new J.Crew shirt. It was my first time wearing it at school. Who doesn't love complements? If you like something, complement it! Complements from strangers are the greatest thing. I saw something on Tumblr a while ago, (I think it was Tumblr?! I can't find it right now.) and it talked about how complements from strangers are great because they aren't expecting anything back. And maybe after you complement a stranger, they'll become a friend!

The shirt I wore today!
Shirt is from J.Crew
I understood what we were doing in math today. Don't take me wrong, I'm not that bad at math. It's just we are in the hardest unit of the class, and for the past couple of days, I've been so confused. The worst part? There isn't a formula you can use! It's just figuring it out yourself. (It's pre-calculus analytic trig... in case you're wondering.) My dad helped me with my homework last night, and I think I finally got the hang of it! Perfect timing because the quiz is tomorrow!

We didn't do anything in third period. Don't take me wrong, I love learning, and I value education. But it's always nice to have a break. I got my English homework done, and it's awesome to have access to a computer for an hour and a half.

My fourth period teacher was in a great mood today. We had so much fun. Ms. B has the best stories, and she told so many stories today! 

And I learned that the cute boy in my 4th period class, VV, is so smart. I knew he was really smart, but today I learned he was even smarter! He knew all about which countries and states produced the most oil, coal, and natural gas. I didn't know much about all the places, but he knew them immediately. I asked VV how he knew all this information, and he said "I don't really know. I like politics a lot, so I guess that's why!" I was so impressed, I said that I liked politics a lot, but more on human issues. The girl next to me laughed and said, "That's really specific!" I was confused on why it was funny. VV asked "You're interested in Cuban issues?" I laughed, "No! I meant human issues!" They heard me say Cuban issues, not human issues! Haha.

But seriously a cute boy with really pretty blue eyes, who is really nice, intelligent, funny and love politics? Yes please!

Oh and he told me earlier this year that he's thinking of starting a PEPI club, where high school students walk to the local elementary school (only a 5 minute walk) on Friday afternoons and play with elementary school students. VV went to the local elementary school, and PEPI used to be a high school class. VV was telling me how PEPI was his favorite part of the day, and how he wants to bring it back as a club. How cute is that?! Add "good with kids" on the list. There's nothing I love more.

When I got home, there was some amazing food waiting for me. I went with my family to try out a new froyo place, TCBY (I got mango sherbet swirled with honey vanilla Greek yogurt froyo, and some salted caramel froyo on top... delicious!) last night, and it's near one of my favorite grocery stores- Trader Joe's! So my mom bought me some fresh mozzarella, (Seriously if you've never had fresh mozzarella, go try it! You can thank me later!) and cherry tomatoes from TJ's. We went to a couple of other grocery stores before heading home last night, so our kitchen is fully stocked with the best.

Whoops! I took a bite before snapping a pic.
So delicious!
Mango sherbet swirled with honey vanilla Greek froyo
With salted caramel froyo at the top!
After school today, I had a pretzel roll, (Harris Teeter's bread section - so good!) with hard salami, (The Fresh Market's meat section, we get it sliced there too. So good.) fresh mozzarella, and cherry tomatoes. Best pretzel roll creation ever! You've got to try it. (PS: When I don't have fresh mozzarella at the house, I will use Parmesan.)

Yes, but it was a great day! It's the little things that matter.

Currently... listening to Miley Cyrus (best way for me to de-stress! Even though today wasn't stressful...) and blogging. Nothing better. 

Made a rule with myself not to blog on school days- whoops! Great days like these call for a celebratory blog post! 

(PS: In case you were wondering... I usually type up posts on weekends, and post them on weekdays. No, I wasn't even expecting to type up a post today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment